1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Recall - Hybrid System Fail-Safe

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by MrRJP, Jun 24, 2020.

1. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Pretty good chance your inverter will blow.
    The only way to really fix this is with new harware, not software updates.

2. Air_Boss

Air_Boss Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I'm feeling a placard coming on...

"CAUTION: if the driver applies nearly full throttle from a stop and then gradually further accelerates to full throttle, the temperature generated in transistors for the boost converter could increase unexpectedly, beyond the levels created under prior testing where full throttle is applied directly from a stop."

3. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    I took my V in for the recall. it only took 2 hours so I doubt they replaced the inverter. however I was wondering if anyone knows how i can check what version of the hybrid system software it's running? just want a piece of mind that the software update was actually done

4. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    ^^ bump, no one knows how to verify if dealer updated the software?

5. Tim Jones

Tim Jones Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    ----USA----
    Go to the toyota website and put your info in and and it will show anything done at a dealership.

6. ChapmanF

ChapmanF Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    You can plug a laptop with Techstream into the diagnostic port, run a health check, note the "calibration ID" numbers for the affected ECUs, and compare them to the correct ones in the TSB containing the recall instructions (I think it was posted upthread, or if it wasn't, other threads on the same topic have it).

I do that before and after, pretty much any time I ask the dealer to reflash anything. Not so much that I mistrust them (my local dealer seems pretty good), but just on the more-eyes-catch-more-mistakes principle. (One of the problems that had to be addressed in the J0V recall was that a certain number of cars taken in for the earlier F0R recall didn't get all the new firmware versions they were s'posed to; there had been an editing mistake in the instructions, where the steps were covered in more than one section but in one of them a step was missing, so it kind of depended on which of those sections the tech was following while doing the work.)

Any time the customer can independently check and verify what was done, it probably counts as a useful thing.

7. ltlurker

ltlurker Member

Vehicle:
    2020 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Limited
    thanks for the info. I just want to be sure since the dealer said it was going to be a 3 hour operation and I was there just for 1