1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Seaglass Pearl: Love, Leather, Spare Key?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by hisport, Aug 18, 2012.

1. hisport

hisport New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Just took delivery yesterday of our new 2012 seaglass pearl Prius 2. We love it!

Thanks to all of you for the advice; without this Priuschat forum, we would have gone to the dark side (Jetta TDI Sportwagen)

The Seaglass color is amazing; very chameleon like. Subtle, and seems to shift between dark silver, metallic blue/green

We got the dark gray cloth interior with a plan to install matching leather upholstery. Looking at swatches, though, believe we will use a misty gray (light gray) leather instead. There are ~3 suppliers (eg katzskins) making kits. I will install myself. Anyone interested in following the process?

After prolonged headscratching and forum searching, here's my anti-stranding spare key take away: Buy an ~$300 additional fob; remove metal key and hide under bumper; wrap spare fob in tinfoil and hide in trunk. Is there any better way to ensure we won't get stranded? Are spare fobs available in the aftermarket?

2. stream

stream Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Congrats--enjoy.