1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Tires - Finally Bought Some

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by ServoScanMan, Feb 15, 2010.

1. ServoScanMan

ServoScanMan Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Well, I finally bought new tires for my Prius. It's a 2006 Model with 41,000 miles on it. I bought the Michelin Energy Saver A/S 185/65R15 tires from Discount Tires. I've had them for 4 weeks now. Even with the tires inflated above factory specs, they ride smoother and have a much more responsive feel than the original Goodyear Integrity.

As others have said, the Goodyears are not that good. They may be good as far as fuel mileage is concerned, but the handling and smoothness of the ride is less than to be desired.

2. Sheepdog

Sheepdog C'Mere Sheepie!

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Good for you. I had to get tires today. 30K miles and one had a screw in the sidewall and two others had the belts seperating. OEM integrity's at 30,ooo miles so expected them to die sooner or later anyway.

I ended up with 4 Cooper CS4's. They refused of course to put more than 35lbs in the tires and said if I did I would void the warranty. "We know what were doing".

*sigh* I do get tired of those battles. Nice tires tho. Sorry to hijack your thread. Needed to vent!

3. hbark

hbark Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Does anyone have any experience with these tires in the snow? Or even rain? Costco sells these, and now they have a $70 off of 4 Michelin tires (the only Michelins they have, according to their website, for this size are these and the X Radials.

Thanks.

4. eldiee

eldiee Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I can only reply about the Michelin X Radials. We put them on our 05 Prius and they were night and day difference from the original goodyear tires. I ran them for one year then sold the car to my brother who has run them for the second year in all kinds of conditions. They were equal in milage after a breakin period of 1500 miles and superior in every other respect.

5. NC_Prius

NC_Prius Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought new tires as well, but I won't get them until next week with the 16" rims. I would rather have gotten the Michelin's, but I opted for the Assurance Fuel Max (205/50/16s) because they were $70 less/tire. If I hadn't gotten the rim/tire package I probably would have gone with the Michelins because they're apparently a much better tire.