1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Tires- Please help

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by karynfab, Feb 24, 2009.

1. karynfab

karynfab New Member

OK, I need new tires ASAP. I am a female that needs a tire that will have a comfortable ride and feel safe in the rain and the sometimes snow, which I did not feel with the Goodyear Integrity.

I have herniated discs that haven't fully healed and would prefer a smooth ride since jolts or sudden movements can really reaggravate.

I was leaning towards the Michelin HydroEdges and am conflicted. Is it that noisy from what I read? Is the ride too hard?

What about going up to 195/60? How does that translate in terms of the feeling when driving the Prius

I also heard Goodyear Triple Tread were good.

With the herniated discs I need to be extremely diligent when it comes to driving.

Input on the Hydroedge or other tires that may be good for me would be truly appreciated

2. Doc Willie

Doc Willie Shuttlecraft Commander

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I think you will find the HydroEdges meet your needs. I did not notice that much increase in noise. I did move up to 195/60s, which I felt changed the handling: the "vague" steering feel that reviewers have complained about diminished, and the car felt like it was larger and heavier, closer to a Camry.

I do run higher pressures (42/40), so your experience may be different. I think your back will be fine if you keep the pressures lower.