1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

new tires.... please make it simple!

Discussion in 'Prius v Fuel Economy' started by cruising gal, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Prius_R_Us

Prius_R_Us New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I replaced the OEM Toyo tires at 45k on my ‘14 Prius V after one incurred a puncture that could not be repaired. I went with a set of Hankook Ventus at a little over $500. I selected them obviously based on price, but they received good overall marks for traction, handling and especially noise, which was key considering Prius’ cabins are somewhat notorius for that. This is my second Prius, the first was done in by a snowplow, and I’ve put tires on both. I’m not recommending Hankooks as they are too new to offer an objective opinion yet and don’t come with a warranty—a definite black mark, but first impressions are good and notable for noise reduction. Of course, just about any new tire will seem to ride smoother/ quieter but these are quieter than the Cooper tires I had installed for a week due to a mistake by MAVIS Tires whom I DO NOT recommend. (long, somewhat painful story of how not to run a business)

LIKEMYPRIUS likes this.