1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. FBear

FBear Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    I finally took the plunge and got rid of the OEM Integrity tires. I got a great deal on 195/60/15 Goodyear Triple Treads. The drive home was was about 75 miles and I couldn't believe the difference. The car was quite, not squirrelly and the mileage was only slightly off from what I am used to getting. I really don't know why I waited so long, it makes the car feel like a completely different vehicle.java script:emoticon(':)', 'smid_3')
    :)

2. robincx

robincx "Fear is the mind killer"

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I know what you mean. I swaped out the stock ones for some 3000N 17" 215's a bit different breed of tire, my milage hurts a bit, but the bouncy, twitchy handling disappered immediately.

Congratulations!

3. priusFTW

priusFTW Gen III JBL non Nav

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(robincx @ May 11 2007, 08:50 PM) [snapback]440294[/snapback]</div>
    I swapped mine out immediately and got credit for the GY Infinities on a brand new set of Nokian WR's.

4. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    I could only get $25/tire credit if I swapped, so at 45 miles I installed new Pirelli Cinturato P3000 195/60R15s. Love them! When I trade in the car it will have new Goodyear Integrity OEM tires on it...

5. chrisg67

chrisg67 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(FBear @ May 11 2007, 08:40 PM) [snapback]440288[/snapback]</div>

This past saturday, I replaced the original Integrities with Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S 195/60 R15. Huge difference!!! Even my 8 year old noticed the difference in noise. Handling and shear road grip was way better too.

Tire guy put 34 psi in them though and said that I could drop it to 32 if I felt the ride was too rough. However, I'm seeing posts with 42 and 40 psi.

Should I have higher pressure?

C.

6. rfred

rfred New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(chrisg67 @ May 14 2007, 01:54 PM) [snapback]441816[/snapback]</div>
    I generally run ours at 40 front and 38 rear. The two pound difference is recommended for proper weight distribution. I have had a running battle with dealerships "helping" me by lowering the tire pressure to the "Toyota recommended pressure" which is around 32 pounds. The rationale behind increasing the tire pressure, remembering to never exceed the tire manufacturer's maximum pressure rating, is that the tire will have less rolling resistance and thereby increase your car's efficiency.

I am able to justify a slightly rougher ride (we're using GoodYear ComforTreds) in order to realize slightly higher fuel efficiency. I would recommend purchasing a good digital pressure gauge and perhaps one of the small air compressor units. What you want to measure is cold tire pressure and checking the air in your tires once or twice a month should be sufficient.

Remember, never exceed the tire manufacturer's maximum pressure rating!

7. chrisg67

chrisg67 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rfred @ May 14 2007, 03:50 PM) [snapback]441852[/snapback]</div>

The max recommended is 44. The tire guy also said same psi all around not the 2 psi difference. All my other vehicles had the 2psi difference. I'll try your numbers and see how the ride is.

Thanks for the input.

C.

8. tbstout2

tbstout2 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    III
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bill Merchant @ May 13 2007, 01:12 AM) [snapback]440913[/snapback]</div>
    Bill,

What MPG are you getting with these tires?

Thanks!

9. barbaram

barbaram Active Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    no nothing from the dealer. it was a request when i placed the order.

had bought hydroedges for my saturn and i could not wait to get them on the spaceship. cost was irrevelant.
    handling and quiet means everything!

shame on toyota for not making choices on tires standard!