1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. wicastawakan

wicastawakan New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I put on some Kumho Solus KR21 tires appx. 25,000 mi ago & averaging 50.1 mpg as of today. I put on 195-60-15. My mileage dropped some at first, then improved back to normal. I am somewhat of a Michelin fan, but tried these & extremely happy with them. In retrospect, at this point in time I would buy them again although they still have appx 50% tread. They make a different car out of the Prius on stability & handling. Worth a look.

2. JerryCS

JerryCS Prius camper with trailer hitch

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Re: General Altimax HP

pillowsplat1, thanks for the report on the General Altimax HP. I'm on Nokian WR's, very happy with their snow performance (and we get plenty in Wisconsin). They are not a quiet tire though. Why wouldn't you use the Generals in Vermont?
    Jerry

3. pillowsplat1

pillowsplat1 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Re: General Altimax HP

Its not so much the brand or model. I would opt for a dedicated snow tire for the winter in VT. In Maryland all seasons are good enough for 95% of the miles. Since Vt gets more snow on average I would want the additional bite of a dedicated snow. If we get a lot of snow in MD its just nuts with the concentration of cars. You have everything from the petrified wheel squeezer, to the I got a Ford deisel 4x4 monster tire pick up I can drive 20 mph faster than everone in the snow Fredneckian. And I'm not saying I'm a perfect driver I had my share of off road excursions. :eek: Oooo Sh11111t