1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to me 2003 in Arizona

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by rocketjones, Sep 11, 2018.

1. rocketjones

rocketjones New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I own a Subaru forester that is being rebuilt. I needed a car while mine is being rebuilt and picked up a 2003 with 161k for $2800. The paint is beat and the interior is mediocre at best, but that's OK. It just needs to get me from point A to point B. I've changed the oil with synthetic, changed plugs, PVC, transmission fluid/dropped the pan, flushed the ICE coolant, upgraded everything to LED, changed out the engine air/cabin filters. The suspension is squishy so I'm on the lookout for a corolla bar and will do the struts/shocks after my Subaru is built.
    Anyone know where I can source lowering springs? I'm looking for a modest drop of only 0.5"-1".
    I plan to buy a prolong reconditioner, in the mean time anybody in Yuma or Phoenix have one that would let me do a charge/discharge cycle or two?
    My auxiliary battery went out yesterday so I replaced it with a bosch AGM with a 4 year warranty.
    If I'm not all over the place, I don't know what is...

bisco likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome, all the best!(y)

rocketjones likes this.
  3. rocketjones

rocketjones New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the warm welcome bisco!
    I tinted my side windows with 70% ceramic tint and changed the serpentine belt. This weekend I will install an 80 mm 12v 135 cfm fan to cool the HV battery.
    Still on the lookout for lowering springs!