1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to me 2009 Prius

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Antonio Chambers, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Antonio Chambers

Antonio Chambers New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I just picked up a 2009 Prius. I got it as a second car,but want to make sure I made the right decision. I have little to no knowledge of these cars,other than owning a 2009 Camry Hybrid for a year and a half. I have 2 CEL's:
    P1121- Coolant Flow Control Valve

P1116- Coolant Temp Sensor

Car seems to drive fine,but its definitely going back in to have those 2 issues looked at as I've only had it a few days. I've only been away from the hybrids for a few months, so I'm getting back to hearing more noises from under the hood than say a normal car ie; pumps,mechanical whirring, the latter when I pop the hood and from the left of the car, my right,its very audible. Any and all help is appreciated, 119k on the miles.

2. PriusCamper

PriusCamper Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome.... What you learned from your Camry very much applies to a Prius... You can google your error codes to find the best thread on here to fix the error codes. When you say "going back in" what does that mean? Because if you're going to a dealership they're typically gonna charge you thousands for something that cost almost nothing to repair. Do you have a friend or know a local honest and reliable mechanic?

3. Antonio Chambers

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    I just bought the car last Thursday, so I can take it back in to them.

4. Antonio Chambers

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    And I dont, not for a hybrid I'm afraid. I'm going to go that route first and then go from there.

5. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

the noises are all normal, unless they aren't.

all the best!(y)

6. Antonio Chambers

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    Base
    Just got the car back after being down for a week, turns out it was the water pump and a heater control sensor that was giving me CEL's. It likes to burn oil too so I had it changed and will keep a quart or so in the back. I also disabled that annoying beep in reverse.