1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to PC. Second Prius.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by billy bee, May 23, 2017.

1. billy bee

billy bee New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Greetings,

Just settled on a 2014 Prius v Five with ATP. This will be our second Prius. I was a contractor for Toyota from 2000 until about 2005 and had a 2nd Gen car is sea foam green for a few years. Mostly my wife drove it. She loved it. I rode a motorcycle to work everyday.

We left the Prius family in favor of VW TDIs. Mistake. We had a very good 2002 Jetta TDI manual. That car has a ton of miles on it with no problems... We also bought a 2014 Passat SE TDI that we just sold back to the dealer. The Dieselgate thing turned me off to VW and Audi forever. And I've owned at least 20 VWs and Audis.

So, I am excited to pick up the new car this week. New to us, anyway. I think we got a decent deal. It had been on the dealer's lot for 45 days and did not sell. It is Toyota Certified with 31k miles on it. Silver with dark gray interior. $20,000 plus tax, title, tags. $22k out the door.

The ATP package was what sold me. Love the moonroof, adaptive cruise, and bigger nav screen. I will try to post pics.

Thanks,
    Bill

RCO likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome and congrats! sorry about vdub, i always perceived them as a great company. a few bad apples at the top ruined it for everybody. all the best.(y)

3. billy bee

billy bee New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Great company and great cars, too. We LOVED our VW diesels. Loved them. Good driving and excellent fuel economy. Our Passat sedan, which was a big car, could get 51 on the highway.

I have been a Toyota fan for a long time, too. I have owned a few Toyotas and worked for Toyota for years. I know Toyota is a good company. Lots of good people working hard to make customers happy with solid products and can't-kill-it reliability. The older I get, the more I appreciate the durability and reliability Toyota offers. We also have a 2011 Sienna Limited AWD.

Anyway, here are some pics of the Prius from the dealer's website:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome and welcome back to the Prius family.

5. jerrymildred

jerrymildred Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome. Looks like a super clean v! Enjoy.