1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New To Sfbay Group? Say Hello Here!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by V8Cobrakid, Aug 26, 2004.

1. JustAnotherAsian

JustAnotherAsian New Member

Re: Looking for Used Prius and good independent Prius Mechanic

a decent one, i would have to say, would be a certified used prius. any other source aside from a toyota dealership would be bad advice on my part. plus, you get the certified used car warranty, which is pretty decent and on par with most limited warranties with limited time/month constraints.

but on the other hand, there are bad dealerships. also, good luck on finding a used prius.

double-edged sword to say the least.

(sorry to hijack the thread a bit)

2. Sara Usher

Sara Usher Junior Member

Hey folks, my red 2007 is doing fine with the exception of an odor coming through the venting system. Smells like mold......sheese.......any help? Nice to be here, Ms. Red

3. ericbecky

ericbecky Hybrid Battery Hero

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Did you see this thread on PriusChat yet?

4. Bassist

Bassist New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius

I"m In Santa Cruz and would like to be part of a Prius Group nearby. Steve

5. Bjumping

Bjumping New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

I'm a producer working with a South Korean public TV network, KBS. We are doing a story on hybrid cars and I'm interested in talking to some people in this area.

We are interviewing reps from GM, Toyota, VW, CARB, CFCP, UCD, Calcars, TESLA, some a few others.
    If there's any gathering planned, I'm interested in filming it as well. Any ideas would be appreciated.

I am particularly seeking someone who has switched from gas guzzler like SUV to Prius and a family who owns multiple Prius.
    The time frame I'm looking to do this filming is between Sept. 25th to 27th.

If interested, please contact me via my personal email or post your replies on this forum, if such way complies with the site rules.

Thanks and I look forward to talking to you more.:)

6. sjthespian

sjthespian Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I am about 22 hours away from being a new Prius owner down in San Jose. I got a call a few hours ago that my 2009 is on the lot up in Sunnyvale.

7. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats!
    I'm certain you will enjoy your new ride.

8. bhaynnes

bhaynnes Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Yep and if you see a red prius with white stickers on the door and back that say "Gas electric hybrid", that will be me.

9. rayxoxo

rayxoxo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi;

I'm from Sacramento, have had my Prius for about a month or two. A 2008 pk6.

Paid dearly, $33,500, from a Toyota dealer on a Auburn blvd, here in Sacramento who took advantage of my good/stupid nature.

Nice car but I now have second thoughts about their financial officer. I paid cash and was really stupid to even do it, but I will not forget it and will advice others to go elsewhere.

I have Heard that Auburn (the city) was a pretty good place to pick one up for a lot less.

Ray

10. rajsid

rajsid New Member

Vehicle:
    2002 Prius
    Hello,
    I am a new guy on the forum.
    I have a 2002 Prius. Purchased it a year ago and I enjoy it a lot.

This forum is great!
    Raj

11. eric.wong62

eric.wong62 New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    hey i just recently bought a metallic grey prius with package 3. i live in the city. i join the group to see what kind of crazy mod's people do to their prius's and maybe to do to mine. i recently bought an Super Slim HID conversion kit off of ebay and i dont know how to install them and the guy i bought it off of wont tell me how to install them. so if anyone knows how to install them or owns a shop that installs them email me. if you have a video or pics of how to do it that would be even better. Thank You so much, looking forward to see some crazy stuff on this site

12. pritchetthead

pritchetthead New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I live in Novato and just bought Prius #2. 2009 Touring with Package 6. I'm considering another one.

13. mvmooney

mvmooney New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi SF Bay group,

I'm Mike and my family and I live in Mill Valley. I've ordered a 2010 Prius w/ SF Toyota and I am very excited. I wondering about leasing options, because I might want to upgrade to a slightly larger (for carrying multiple kids) hybrid in 2-3 years. Any thoughts?

I just test drove an Insight in San Rafael. Really liked it. If Prius did not exist I'd buy it in a second. Looking forward to test-driving the Gen3 and to learn the pricing.

14. tmhpro

tmhpro New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've got at 2007 Prius that will need new tires soon. Toyota Walnut Creek guy suggested Dunlop Signatures which they have on sale at at good price. He also said that you need tires that can handle the extra weight of the Prius because of the batteries. He said that the Michelin Primacy MXB would be better than the Michelin X available at Costco. Does this make sense to any of you? What would be the best tire to use in the bay area? What is the best place to get tires? Terry

15. donnaw

donnaw New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi - I'm new to this forum... own a 2004 Prius that I love! Anyone know of any independent service centers in the Monterey Peninsula area? Thanks.

16. Cleophus

Cleophus New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hi y'all -- Just bought a "certified pre-owned" 2005 from SF Toyota on Geary, on Saturday. So far so good!

17. ericbecky

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Congrats and enjoy!

18. Hozz

Hozz New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    I picked up my 10V AT and it was love at first sight. I need some information/practice with the AT package, guess that will come with time. Hozz

19. golfette44

golfette44 New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    my partner and I live in Oakland and we just bought a 2010 Prius, Package 4 w/Nav in Winter Grey and Misty Grey interior. It's our first Hybrid and we love it.

20. honu

honu New Member

Vehicle:
    2003 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I just bought my first Prius, a 2003. I am discovering that several options were turned off and I am slowly configuring it to the way I'd like it to work. I would greatly appreciate tips. For example, someone told me to track my mileage for each tank of gas because the fuel gage isn't very accurate. What else do I need to know?