1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New To Sfbay Group? Say Hello Here!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by V8Cobrakid, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Bill Haynes

Bill Haynes Guest

I am getting my Prius in about a month and a half. It will either be blue or red depending on what comes in with the #8 package. I can hardly wait. The wife drove one and raved about it. I'm gonna test drive one this weekend.

2. jamesfchumbley

jamesfchumbley New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid @ Aug 26 2004, 02:32 PM) [snapback]35318[/snapback]</div>
    I live in San Jose and have a ten-day-old (!) Driftwood Pearl Option 3. As I am 61, I think it may be my last car, if it can last 17 years and 150,000 miles or so, as my old Volvo has. I expect to see $5.00 per gallon gasoline before the car's end of life, and that is what has prompted me to by the Prius.

I would like to meet some other owners in person and go to some group meets.

Thanks,
    Jim Chumbley

3. jbarnhart

jbarnhart New Member

Welcome newbies!

So, Jim, when you get to 78 you're gonna just... what... stop driving?? That's the time to pick up a cell phone and ZOOM!

4. bobbicougar

bobbicougar New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(V8Cobrakid @ May 17 2005, 12:18 AM) [snapback]90117[/snapback]</div>
    Hi
    I havent got this chat room figured out yet. Im here for the first time, with my 2006 Prius parked outside. I have some questions, like how to disconnect the backup beeper and the seat belt beeper and I was told I could find this info on this website. True?
    I would appreciate any help/guidance you might provide.
    Thanks!
    Bobbicougar

5. berylrb

berylrb Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bobbicougar @ Jul 17 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]287963[/snapback]</div>
    welcome bobbie cooper.

What you do is right underneath the Priuschat.com header is a button "search". Type in a keyword like "beeper", you can also select threads with say 4 replies or more, this way you'll get a bunch of opinions.

That's all to it, have fun.

6. turtlebud

turtlebud Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Just took delivery of my White pkg 6 prius a couple of weeks ago. Anxiously awaiting my plates so I can apply for an HOV sticker. Starting to think about where to take my prius for service when the time comes in about 4k miles (I'm almost at 1k already).

Do people have recommendations (good & bad) of dealership service centers on the penninsula or the south/east bay (hayward/fremont/union city/etc.)?

7. Guest_tom_*

Guest_tom_* Guest

Hello everyone!!

I've been having alot of fun reading all the fourms and I really want to join in but I'm having some trouble logging in or even getting registered!! I'm really new to this site, someone told me about it a few weeks ago and I've been reading along everyday. I work for toyota and I love the hybrid cars and I'm very impressed with the new hybrid cars that are on the way!!!
    I would really like to talk to some of you about these super cool cars (and if someone can help me with this logging in thing, THANKS!!) please send me an email at [email protected]

Thanks alot and I hope to hear from you soon!!

8. bulldog

bulldog Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Welll another new member here. I'm way down South in Morgan Hill. Got a silver Prius package 6 last Saturday and have been amused with all the sounds it makes since then. So far so good, looks like a great acommuter vehicle.

Only problem is to get the "toaster" (as we jokingly call it) back from my girlfriend as she now drives it all the time. Seems like her Lexus is going to enjoy much more garage time now.

9. bettyblue

bettyblue New Member

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right, but here I am. I got my beauty three weeks ago. I was very nervous about making the decision, but I don't know if I could love a car more....I love love love my black Prius.

Thanks for the forum!!!!

Renee

10. timmie88

timmie88 New Member

I picked up a silver #3 package 2006 Prius last Saturday from Toyota Vallejo (even though I live down in San Jose). I only had to wait two weeks, after getting another buyer's cancellation. I was surprised to find out when we went to pick up the car, there were only 2 miles on our brand new vehicle (I'm used to the dealer letting someone else drive it, etc and the car having anywhere up to 100 miles and the dealer still calling it "new").

I'm hoping to get plates soon (Toyota Vallejo said they'd try and do a rush), and I found out I don't get free parking in San Jose (due to the fact it wasn't purchased at a San Jose dealership!)

11. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello, and Welcome to everyone. I've been seeing a lot more Prius around my home and work area. It's good to see everyone ;) even if no one is on here.

Tim: I figured out that parking issue after i purchased my car. I should have waited for Capital Toyota to deliver. *shrug* o well. I still love the car. 58k + miles on the Odometer.

I'll send tom and email to make sure he can log in.

By the way. Everyone please drop by the SFBay Group Meeting sub-forum. There is chat, but we simply need more active people.

12. ronlprius

ronlprius New Member

Ron from San Bruno here. Commute to Milpitas, hence the hybrid for HOV access. According to USPS, DMV got the application on July 24 but as of today the check has not cleared my bank.

13. RobinMClark

RobinMClark New Member

Hi everyone,

We just recently became Prius owners and have found this forum to be a great resource. We live on the SF Peninsula and would be interested in any recommendations for Toyota dealer service departments. Thanks.

14. rwdanko

rwdanko New Member

I am about to join the club. My new Prius is at the Dealers and we will be picking it up on Tuesday. Just wanted to say Hi!

15. rwdanko

rwdanko New Member

Picked up my new Light Green Prius today. It drives real nice and the Nav is very similar to one in our 2001 Lexus. Something tells me that my wife will really like this so I will only get to drive it on weekends. I will need to get used to the voice activation on the nav. Expensive but worth it.

16. Anona

Anona Guest

sorry for these strange post guys.. just editing out a post. admin powers are not working fully. I can not delete them.

17. Barney

Barney Guest

sorry for these strange post guys.. just editing out a post. admin powers are not working fully. I can not delete them.

18. Ogden

Ogden Guest

19. zibudog

zibudog New Member

Hi y'all!

I have 3 day old (to me) 06 Silver Pine Mica #8, and its back at home while I'm on vacation. :( BooHoo! It has all of 21 miles on it! I won't reveal where I live yet...in case anyone has any bright ideas about "borrowing" it before we return ;)~

Looking fwd to meeting and hearing more from you all!

Cheers!

Mark

20. sleeplessmama

sleeplessmama New Member

Just got our Silver #6 last week from City Toyota in Daly City - almost through the first tank and are averaging 50.2 mpg! Yeah!