1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New To Sfbay Group? Say Hello Here!

Discussion in 'Local Prius Club Main Forum' started by V8Cobrakid, Aug 26, 2004.

1. tennislover

tennislover Junior Member

After thinking about getting a Prius for a year, I finally purchased one last Saturday! It is a pretty cool feeling driving one and knowing that I'm doing a small part to get us a little closer to being less dependent on OPEC.

Michael

2. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Congratulations and welcome. You'll find lots of solid information about the Prius here.
    Happy motoring.

3. 08RedPrius

08RedPrius New Member

Hi All, We live up in Calistoga and just purchased our 08 Barcelona Red Prius with option #6. This forum has been a great source of information when I was researching the car.

It was also fun showing the sales guy how to turn off the back up beep after he told us it was annoying to many of his clients. We quickly found out we knew more about our new Prius than he did :blink:

Rick

4. patsparks

patsparks An Aussie perspective

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC.
    Most sales people know all about closing a deal and jack about the product they sell.

5. Zoot

Zoot New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    You can add another Barcelona Red package #6 to the list. Walked into the dealer on Tuesday and they had this car fresh off the boat. I drove a touring first but felt the ride was too rough without really any handling benefit (but you can only tell so much in a short test drive). Love the car so far. I honestly bought it more for the cool factor than for it being PC :)

Thinking about doing the transparent bra thing.

Z.

6. Mattybv

Mattybv New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi! I've had my '08 Magnetic Grey #2 for 3 weeks now. Don't even have my license plates yet and i have 1500 miles on it! I've turned off the back up beep and i'm looking into adding aftermarket fogs and changing out the interior lights and license plate lights to LED's.

Here's a question for anyone here...where can i get buttons that fit in the cutouts next to the dash dimming switch? I don't want to put in toggle switches if i decide to do the AUX video in mod...

I love it, and i'm looking into upping my MPG, I'm right around 44 mpg right now, i think it's because I drive to fast on the freeway, but i sure love going on 24W through the Tunnel, gliding down the hill, and regen-ing the whole time...

7. dongwoo

dongwoo New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey SF Group,

I traded-in my Jeep Liberty for my first Prius.... Got an 08 Magnetic Gray Base #6... had it for 3 weeks now as well... and getting about 45MPG and have over 700 miles so far.

Lovin it so far... but all these mods are overwhleming and gonna get me broke!

8. wired

wired wired

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    New to Bay Area Thread

I am new to the Bay Area thread, although I have had my '05 Prius for about 4 months now. In that time I have put nearly 8,000 (yes, you read that right) miles on it without a hiccup. Gotten anywhere from 46-54 mpg. Great car (except for the same complaint everyone has - not enough seat adjustment). I am also looking for an independent shop in the Contra Costa area as I live in Concord. Any suggestions?

9. wired

wired wired

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    New To Bay Area Thread

Hello all, I am new to the Bay Area thread. Have had my 05 millenium Silver Pkg #? (leather, Nav. Bluetooth, 6 cd). for about 4 months and have put about 8,000 miles on it without a hiccup. Only complaint (like everyone else) lack of seat adjustability. Have averaged between 46 and 54 mpg. Does anyone know a good independent shop in the Concord area? Thanks.

10. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    welcome :) nice dupicate post. too bad i can't delete the copy... i can edit it.. but it would look funny as a blank post. (unless that's how this system works now)

11. menchu1

menchu1 New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi everyone, new to this forum. Just got our 2008 Prius yesterday. Loving it. Can't wait to take it for a long drive.

Thank you for all the feedback/tips they sure helped us decide on our purchase. Keep helping each other.

Happy Holidays!!!:)

12. Dave

Dave New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PriusChat and happy motoring!

13. wired

wired wired

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Sorry about the duplicate post. I posted once and didn't see it post/come up so I posted again, and , as luck would have it, they BOTH came up. I guess there is quite a delay from the time the post is written until the time it appears.

14. bakatare07

bakatare07 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hi Everyone -- My husband and I just got our 2008 Silver Prius (package #5) three weeks ago from Concord Toyota. We love it. . . getting used to the quietness of the car and the great mileage. After first fillup, we got 42 mpg. We do a lot of city driving. Looking forward to the mpg going up. . .

But I have noticed that I have a pain in my shoulder, back and neck from pulling the hatchback down. We have a dog and he rides in back, and I am opening and closing the hatchback door to let him in and out. Since I am short, I can't reach the hatchback without overextending my arm. Has anyone experienced this? If so, are there any remedies? I was thinking of putting a pull tie on the latch, so I don't have to reach so high. I wonder why Toyota didn't make the hatchback door hydraulic like so many other carmakers have. Is there an aftermarket device to do this?

I know, too many questions -- SORRY! If anyone can help me on my shoulder problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

15. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone!

I've been a Prius owner since I bought my pkg. 1 new in July '05. I recently moved down here from Anchorage, AK. I'm still rockin' my AK plates as well: LOLGAS.

:D

16. bside

bside New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought a Magnetic Gray pkg 5 2008 from Toyota of Sunnyvale yesterday! It's really a different experience to commute in it, compared to my previous car (well, soon to be available for sale...), a tuned '95 BMW M3. But, I really wanted something more eco-friendly, and that'll have easy maintenance.

It seems a little stupid but so far my favorite feature is the bluetooth phone connectivity that "just works". It's quite handy!

Anyhow, I live in Millbrae and work in Mountain View. I'm excited about the possibilities of doing some minor modding too :)

17. ssabat

ssabat New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Guys,

My Name is Sudhesh and I drive a 2007 Touring Package 4
    I'm only 16 and one of the few teens that actually drive a Prius..
    I enjoy this car alot and its pretty zippy like the commercials haha!

Happy Holidays!

18. Bill Lumbergh

Bill Lumbergh USAF Aircraft Maintainer

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    That's a pretty nice first car....congrats!

19. V8Cobrakid

V8Cobrakid Green Handyman

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    welcome everyone.

about the hatch question. I would imagine if you were to secure a handle to the top inner side of the hatch, it would hang flush when closed and hang down enough when open. I imagine a handle (minivan door) that's about a foot and a half long. it would have to be mounted directly to the interior plastic.

i'm not short. i'm 5'11. i like the built in handle.

if you have troubles with a mod, i may be able to think of something and a way to secure it. pm me.

welcome again :)

20. jammin012

jammin012 The man behind The Man

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hello eberyone, happy to finally found a group somewhat close yo my area.
    Bought my Silver 2007 Pkg4 last October, somewhat of a birthday present, just in time to not get the tax rebate LOL. Having fun and enjoying the debates at work.