1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New to threads, and Prius, instrument cluster issue

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by Oggie, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Oggie

Oggie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Just purchased a 2006 Prius. 128,000 miles. Periodically when I start the car the instrument panel is blank. I you tubed how to unplug battery and this helps temporarily. It happens sporadically and I can't figure out why. Ran a diagnostics and the battery is fine. Can anyone give me more insight. I'm new to the hybrid?

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome!
    it is called the mid: multi information display. defective unit. there was an extended warranty, but i think it's up. you can get rebuilt for a hundred or two i think.
    check with steve at autobeyours.com, i think his winter place is a bit north of you.
    all the best.(y)

Oggie and SpaceCityHybrids like this.
  3. dolj

dolj Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    On the Gen 2 it is called the CM (Combination Meter, It is called MID on the Gen 3.) a known problem with some Gen 2s. You can get a rebuilt CM for about $150 from Matt @Texas Hybrid Batteries (a member here). If you are able to DIY, you can pre-order a repaired CM, pre-programmed with your current milage. When the replacement unit arrives, remove the CM quite easily, send it to Matt and you will get a $75 core refund once he receives it.

If you are not able to DIY, pass the info to your local repairer (or friend/family member) and they can do it for you.

Contact Matt for confirmation of process and any questions you have.

Hope this helps.

SFO and Oggie like this.
  4. Oggie

Oggie New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Thanks for the info. I'm going to look into it.

SFO likes this.