1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Toyota FAQ statement on EV Button & Modifications

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Accessories & Modifications' started by efusco, Sep 23, 2004.

1. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Re: New Toyota FAQ statement on EV Button & Modification

tms13, would you mind posting a photo of your dashboard with the ev indicator lit up?

Nate

2. victor

victor New Member

Gilching Bavaria Germany, & Drapanos, Crete, G

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(efusco\";p=\"41984)</div>
    There is no cut out/light for the EV on the North American Prius...I've looked as have others.[/b][/quote]

Im sure the light is there, but I expect the lamp has not been installed, (I had a seat belt light "feature" missing once in another car).

Try to take apart the dash and get to the instrument unit and fit the lamp. The schematic is attached. I would strongly advise getting hold of the English Tech Ref CD before attempting to disassemble the dash as there are a lot of buts to remove by the look of it, and it would take too long to translate my German docs! (So I have not attached them here)

3. tms13

tms13 Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Business Ed. Plus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(naterprius\";p=\"43104)</div>
    Look in this thread.

4. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid

victor, thanks for the diagram. Do you also have the pages that indicate which wires go to which connectors? (Usually the pages directly following the diagram) and perhaps the page showing the pin locations in the connectors and the connector locations? (Usually referenced by the page following the diagram).

This would be enough for me to check the ECU connector for empty holes that might control the EV light.

Also, (okay, no I'm asking a lot!) would you mind posting a photo of your dashboard with the EV light and the nearby light illuminated? tms13 shows the right hand drive version, but it would be cool to have the left hand drive photo.

Nate