1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Toyota replacement HV battery ?

Discussion in 'Generation 1 Prius Discussion' started by messenger, Jun 30, 2014.

1. messenger

messenger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I recently purchased a 2001 Prius, at the time of purchase I was told that the HV battery had been replace but no specifics were offered. I was able to recover the service records for this car at the Toyota owners web site with the vin number and found the HV battery was replace under warrantee July 2009 with a new unit.

My question is: does anyone know if Toyota was using the later battery modules (2004 +) in the first generation replacement batteries at that time or were the battery modules that same design as the originals that were not as well sealed ?

Thanks

Tim

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I'm afraid nobody will know the answer 100%. You would have to open the battery up to find out. Does it matter?

3. messenger

messenger Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Doesn't really matter more of a interest for knowledge about the current battery make up and long term usage. I did load test the battery and based on that test the battery is currently 100%.

4. yankkesrule

yankkesrule Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've replaced a couple batteries in the past year and a half or so. They were still gen1 cells