1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New Traction Battery Cost: Start Shopping Here

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by SageBrush, Sep 5, 2014.

1. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    ducks.

2. cyberpriusII

cyberpriusII Prodigyplace says I'm Super Kris

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Bisco, you get it __ DUCKS!!!

Yeah. the Oregon Ducks. If I was there, I would give you kisses and hugs!

Now, of course, we have both gone way off topic...I feel guilty, NOT>

[​IMG]

3. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Went to a wedding last year in Tiburon. Beautiful old church overlooking San Francisco as the sun was setting.

An expensive area to have a residence, but for someone from Taxachusetts, you should have no problem(y).

4. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    It's true, I often have issues with English. My nick reads SFO, and my location mostly matches.

My bad, thought my posting was fairly concise by mentioning (no sales tax).

Understood, watching organized sports has never been at the top of my to do list and I generally get the teams wrong at best.

Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers; might I recommend spending more quality time with nature, maybe soaking in a natural spring or even hugging a tree.. both can, at times, have an amazing ability to help relieve one's cranky state.

cyberpriusII likes this.
  5. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hmm. I live in the woods. On 25 acres with bears, cougars, Douglas fir trees and the assorted porcupines, squirrels, rabbits and newts. I mostly ride my bike, hike, drive the Prius when necessary. I'm known to walk the two hours to town if I need something on the weekend rather than drive -- that way I can take my dog and we both can get exercise.

Before taking on my current position, I worked as a field researcher for the U.S. Geological Survey. Spent my days out in all sorts of weather studying the little critters that may indicate how much time humans have left before we screw it up so badly that it all goes SPLAT.

But, back to topic, you STILL never said why you want to know about Oregon. Are you really considering driving to Oregon from the Bay Area to save the 10 percent or so. Not real smart in my book, unless you have some other reason to trek north and being a bit nosy, I want to know why. In other words, your request does not seem to make sense.

6. ILuvMyPriusToo

ILuvMyPriusToo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    After hearing you describe the wonders of the back woods of Oregon, who wouldn't want to visit with the owls and the ducks? :)

I do have to be honest . . . my other car is a Forester. :cool:

cyberpriusII likes this.
  7. cyberpriusII

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    As long as you did not say "Beavers" you are good. Just to let you know, Oregon is known for the intense competition between the University of Oregon DUCKS, which has the Disney duck as a mascot (a deal worked out with Walt Disney in the 1940s) and the Oregon State University, which has some rodent that they apparently think is a beaver as their mascot. I am actually an OSU beavers alum, but based on my experience there, I root for the DUCKS<>
    kris

[​IMG]

8. SFO

SFO Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    The savings could be far greater as it doesn't appear that one can find an OTC battery for under 2800 locally (without tax), unless someoneone knows otherwise.

Oregon could be one of many options; Steve is in AZ at 2450 (installed), there is another option in Texas for about the same, or I can pick one up 'Over The Counter' in Hollywood (2100 + tax) and find someone locally to install or just do it myself (still unsure about the proper repacking for core refund, one post on here didn't make it sound easy and or even likely that Toyota would accept it).

If there was an option closer to Northern California that would be optimal (total battery cost with or without install), as it is AZ isn't that far (my folks have retired down there) and Steve would put to good use my recycled battery no doubt. Texas is pushing it, not sure I could make that drive again. Of course Oregon has much to offer besides being tax free, there are warmer waters, greener landscapes, some trees still standing, and quaint little Nimrod which feels like my home away from home, and the folks in Oregon are mostly of the friendly variety -except when you drive a Prius with CA plates.

Besides, just past Oregon is Washington (and more relatives) which is next to Canada and who doesn't love Canada (maybe I could get an affordable battery there?)

Always open to other options of course. Oh, what was that smart part about?