1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

1. cwynn

cwynn New Member

Toyota is working on a new TBS based on the recurring problem I have had over the past month with my 2004 Prius.

Here's the jist of what it is all about. I'm culling this from the fourth invoice dealing with problem. The cars been towed in to the service dept. on the 1st two incidents, driven in on the 3rd and this last time we didn't get out of the service shop.

Invoice:
    At this time customer vehicle is being returned to service with warning illuminated due to errorneous fault codes. Condition is being addressed by toyota and service bulletin is being developed to correct condition. customers vehicle warranty will be uneffected by this and is covered under the guidelines of toyota warranty.

Warning triangle, check engine light and anti-lock/traction control lights are on. Test drove and I am able to duplicate P3000 & P0A80 every time. contacted TAS and talked to engineer. These faults would cause the car not to run and are errorneous. they are due to PFI interference and a TSB is being developed. Customer is to drive the vehicle until the repair is issued. C2311 HV communication line malfunction B2796 no communication in immobiliawer system p3000 battery control system malfunction P0A80 replace hybrid battery pack P3024 battery block 14 becomes weak

In short it looks like we got the lemon of the bunch of cars that came in Dec 23, 2003

2. naterprius

naterprius Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    I think you mean TSB...
    (Technical Service Bulletin)

Nate

3. cwynn

cwynn New Member

whoops
    correction TSB