1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New used Prius v owners

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by restcure, Apr 29, 2018.

1. restcure

restcure Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Touring + Tech
    For 12 years my wife, daughter and I been avid campers, ranging from our home in Ottawa, Canada through most of our country and much of the US. For various reasons we've decided to take a break, so we are selling our travel trailer and our thirsty pickup truck to go in an entirely different direction.

Yesterday we bought a Blizzard White 2014 Prius v Touring + Tech from a reputable local Toyota dealer; we take delivery later this week. We've test driven the car extensively and are very pleased with it. Of course, it will require some adjustments after the truck. Along with sitting up high with a commanding view of the road we'll have to give up it's 20+ foot length, supertanker turning radius and average 17.9 L/100 km (13.1 mpg) fuel economy... 27.3 / 8.5 when towing!

I look forward to being a member of this forum and learning a lot more about our big change. :)

Attached Files:

2. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    #2 Sooner Al, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    restcure likes this.
  3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats, all the best!(y)

restcure likes this.
  4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to PriusChat! I hope you enjoy your Prius as much as I have.

I encourage you and yours to read the chapter on customization, many chances to make the car work like you wish.

restcure likes this.
  5. restcure

restcure Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Touring + Tech
    We had the our Prius v since Thursday afternoon and we're very pleased with it. I measured the inside beforehand and am glad it is well suited to my hobby, which is giant scale RC airplanes.

We topped up lasting night - 30L over 527 km. I track fuel economy with the Fuelly app and the result was 5.7 L/100 km, or about 41 mpg. I hadn't thought to reset a trip meter as soon as we bought the car, but I reset Trip A when we gassed up so we'll see how actual math and the trip computer compare.

6. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I find the trip computer calculation is typically 2-3 MPG higher than the hand calculated method.

7. Prodigyplace

Prodigyplace Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome!

I am originally from Toronto, Ontario. My son enjoys his 2015 Prius v so much that I bought a 2017 Prius Liftback. My son hauls his dogs and other gear to dog shows and dog agility trials. Early next month I will be going with him driving from Virginia to Florida for a breed dog show.

Enjoy your new ride. The economy displayed on the dashboard appears to be from 3 - 10% high, I calculated mine once at 10% high so I just mentally deduct that now.

8. restcure

restcure Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Touring + Tech
    We will be transporting our own puppy home on May 26. (y)

[​IMG]

Prodigyplace likes this.
  9. lostinheadguy

lostinheadguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I've noticed this sort of "computer margin of error" with my car's fuel gauge as well. My previous vehicle had a "predictive" kind of gauge that would go up or down a little bit depending on the fuel economy that I was getting, it seems as though my Prius v is the same way. For the past few days mine would start at full and then drop to 9/10 at the end of my commute, it did this a few times until yesterday where it finally settled to start at 9/10.

We'll see how accurate my fuel economy readout is when I fill up...next week. My goodness, that feels great.

Enjoy your car!

Prodigyplace likes this.
  10. Sooner Al

Sooner Al Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    FWIW I have never seen an issue like that...

11. lostinheadguy

lostinheadguy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    If the gauge is "predictive" or whatever, it would make sense, as I typically finish the last quarter to half a mile of my commute (each way) completely under electric power, which the computer would register as 99.9 MPG.

(hijacking your thread here, apologies)