1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New user saying Hi to everyone!

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by RMB, Jun 28, 2016.

1. RMB

RMB Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am new here in Prius Chat, I bought my 2014 Prius three as a commuter, it was brand new blizzard pearl with 9 miles on the odometer. Didnt know nor heard of this site at all. As the matter of fact, I didnt go into a car community message board since 2002? It was Club4ag. Wow, such a long time ago. Anyways, Google search on fitments and TPMS brought me into this site after I scraped up my stock black wheel and decided to go for 17" Corolla S rims, and that's what got me started here. Been reading the 3rd Gen message boards for a month, and finally registered last week.

I am no longer into mods like I did back in the 90's, now having a family and being a dad, but i still did some of the "rice" stuff like removing wheel covers to show the shiny black rims (no center caps sorry lol), installing window vent visors and HID etc. Do people still use the term "rice" nowadays?

Now I use the Corolla S 17's I will share my 2 cents. MPG may have decreased by 2-3, but I dont mind the minor set back on the mileage, I like how those rims look. But those Firestone tires are noisy. I thought the original Goodyear were bad, these F'stone are worse LOL. I havent try to see how they handle, I kinda don't feel like wasting gas. I drive with the TPMS light on, because my technician friend told me corolla sensors not compatible with Prius, and I don't want to break up my original tire/rim combo to transfer the sensors over, nor buying 4 new Prius sensors to put on the S rims. Haha is ok, I can live with TPMS light being constantly on. Oh well, this post is being too long, so just want to say hi. Peace!

Johnsk93, Xterra72 and Dylan Doxey like this.
  2. dorunron

dorunron Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Congrats on your purchase and "Welcome to Prius Chat"! (y)

RMB likes this.
  3. Montgomery

Montgomery Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2015 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome aboard! !! Pics to follow from you?

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi! welcome, and all the best!(y)

5. Dylan Doxey

Dylan Doxey Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey, you're in Oakland. Daly CIty isn't too far of a haul for you.

Check out @Derek77's G's front end for sale:
    For Sale - Prius G's bumper | PriusChat

6. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Hello right back to you! Welcome to the world of enjoying the visit to the gas station (to see just how good your fuel economy really was). ;)

marlinsmobile and Dylan Doxey like this.
  7. wjtracy

wjtracy Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome to PC (politically correct <not>)

Dylan Doxey likes this.
  8. RMB

RMB Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Besides my profile picture and this one below, not too many recent pix. These 2 were taken right after I put in the 17" Corolla S rims a month ago. And as photos show, basically it is a stock commuter car with tinted windows n window visors, adding a set of mud guard and HID. Of course these are accessories, not modifications. I have heard a joke about putting a fart can muffler on a Prius, when switching on the gas engine all of a sudden u wake up the whole neighborhood, and when electric motor takes over all sounds go dead.

Attached Files:

Dylan Doxey likes this.