1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

New v owner, Over from the 3G side

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by Xjaddiction, Feb 21, 2012.

1. Xjaddiction

Xjaddiction New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I bought two 3rd Gen 2011 Prii end of October, one for me, and one for the wife. This was her idea. Well, the V wasn't out yet, and I thought I would be fine in the 3g Prius. My job as a medical sales rep in surgery requires me to carry a lot of stuff. The 3g was fine BUT...

I stopped in at my Toyota dealership today. I test drove the V, and that was it. I absolutely love the car. An hour later I was transferring all my stuff over to the V. I really loved the third gen, but for me the V is just perfect. I love the reclining rear seats, and all the room in there over the 3g. The dash on the V is much better IMOP, and the center console was a bit of a pain on the 3G. The V has a much better design.

So, I'm glad to be here in the V forum. What an amazing vehicle!

2. Osteoblast

Osteoblast Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Great info, as I am a Zimmer rep myself and was wondering how this car would play out in our crazy world. Seqouia is just killing me on gas doing 50k miles annually. Now if only I can find one!

1 person likes this.
  3. Paradox

Paradox Prius Enthusiast / Moderator
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Enjoy your new Prius v!

1 person likes this.
  4. Xjaddiction

Xjaddiction New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Wow, I love the V! First full day of driving, and I'm not all packed in. The car handles great, is quiet, and the blue tooth touch screen stereo, with back up camera is fantastic. I love it!

I loved the 3gen I had, but this car is so sweet. Driver's seat is more comfortable, and the telescopic wheel is awesome. The pearl looks great too. Toyota out did themselves again.

5. cycledrum

cycledrum PSOCSOASP

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    It is better in the v, about 1" better (placement) in fact.

6. Wanderer

Wanderer Hybrid neophyte

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    I picked up mine yesterday. I sat this evening staring puzzled at my fuel gauge showing still full after 2 days of driving. Coming from my 20 mpg Odyssey where I'd now be down by a quarter tank it's hard to believe! W