1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

For Sale NEW Yakima Kingjoe Pro 2 Trunk Mount Bike Rack

Discussion in 'Private Sales' started by m3pare, Jul 21, 2017.

1. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello!

I'm selling my brand new Yakima Kingjoe Pro 2 Trunk Mount Bike Rack. I only opened the box to take some photos. The box says it fits 01-09 Prius, but I'm not too sure on 2010+. Selling it because I want to go the roof rack route so I can also utilize a roof box/basket when camping.

The KingJoe Pro makes adding a trunk-style rack to your hatchback, minivan or SUV a breeze. The QuickTrigger II™ hub system makes installation fast and easy while our StableCradles II™ hold your bikes firmly in place while driving.

Features
    • Improved Quick Trigger Hub system features an easy-to-use large handle, making setup a breeze
    • Independent bike arm adjustment dials in the fit or folds arms down when not in use
    • The KingJoe Pro 2 is ideal for hatchbacks, vans and SUVs
    • Integrated StableCradles hold bikes firmly in place
    • Narrow bike arms fit your bike frame and ease loading
    • Large padded feet provide protection and stability; padded metal buckles protect vehicle finish
    • Retention straps ensure a rock-solid fit; reinforced steel cable glass hatch hooks are included for use on glass trunks or gate mounts
    • Not intended for tandem or recumbent bikes; carrying bikes with step-through frames requires the purchase of an adapter (sold separately)

If I remember correctly, this was around $160 new. I am asking $100 picked up in Los Angeles, CA (San Gabriel Valley area). I can ship in the CONUS at buyers expense.

IMG_3141.JPG
    IMG_3143.JPG
    IMG_3144.JPG
    IMG_3146.JPG

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    If the Prius didn't have such a flimsy spoiler, this would work well

3. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Offers welcome

4. ThatDudeOrion

ThatDudeOrion Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    not sure if this helps or not, but I tried out my King Joe 2 on my 2011 Prius and I honestly don't see why Yakima says this won't work... I found that as long as you make the angle between the 2 mounting points steep enough, nothing touches the flimsy spoiler, all the other mounting points seem to be fine and it seems legit to me. I can post pics if you think it might help to sell, since you'd have a larger target market.

5. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi @ThatDudeOrion !! That would be awesome. Thank you! I look forward to seeing your photos. :)

6. ThatDudeOrion

ThatDudeOrion Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Sorry it took a few days but pics of a Yakima king joe 2 on my 2011 Prius can be seen at the following link

7. m3pare

m3pare Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Thanks for the pictures @ThatDudeOrion !! That helps a bunch.