1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie audio use questions

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Audio and Electronics' started by Tropicseed, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Tropicseed

Tropicseed New Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hi all,

Just joined up,having bought a 2013 Prius Three in December, taking advantage of the end of year sale! Loving it so far, although I think the audio/nav/etc system is insanely complicated! There are a few things I have not been able to figure out:

1. Is there a voice command to switch the audio source? Like "switch source to FM" or "play usb". Often I'm listening to the radio and want to continue with what I was last playing on usb, so don't want to replay the album or artist. Seems I have to look at the unit and tap several times to switch sources.

2. Every now and then, often enough to be annoying, when the BT phone connection is made, the audio switches to BT. Since my phone doesn't support the full connection, I get silence and have to manually switch back to what I was playing. There doesn't seem to be a setting to make the connection for music but don't (or do) switch to it.

3. Supposedly there is a car setup option to turn off the really annoying continuous beeping in reverse. I have the satnav version of the system, and this option is listed in the manual. But I can't find it! Why on earth does it beep inside but not outside? I know when I'm in reverse! Any suggestion welcome, otherwise I'll have to get the dealer to do it. Anyone know of any backdoors or easter eggs in the system?

I must say that the whole entune gizmo seems pretty gimmicky to me. Why can't they just do a remote desktop for your smartphone? Now that's a feature I'd happily pay for. Of course then we'd all use the phone's navigation & maps, which are much better than the built-in satnav.

cheers
    patrick

2. ny_rob

ny_rob Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    You can't disable it using the car's NAV- you can disable it at the dealership, or via a PC (laptop) and ELM tool ($20 on Amazon).
    2010 - Help! Disabling Reverse Beep | Page 16 | PriusChat

3. tach18k

tach18k Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    when my bluethooth phone call is done it reverts back to what ever audio I was listenting too. Reverse beep disabled at dealer.

4. xliderider

xliderider Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    You can change your listening choices like USB, radio, etc by pressing Mode on your steering wheel controls. It will cycle once every time you press Mode. Holding Mode down will turn off your audio system.

Pressing the up and down buttons on your steering wheel buttons will change radio stations or music tracks if you are listening to usb.

I almost never use the touchscreen anymore for audio stuff.

SCH-I535

5. jgilliam1955

jgilliam1955 Sometime your just gotta cry! 2013 Prius 4.

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    There is a list of voice commands. Like anything else now days...there is a learning curve. Enjoy.