1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie, 'ending screen' confusion?

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by UserError, May 24, 2014.

1. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Hi all! I've had my Prius since last Friday (I love it!), but I'm a little confused by the ending screen. I haven't driven my new car much yet but on the trip back from the dealer when I turned the car off it said my fuel cost was zero. On subsequent trips it has said that my fuel cost was zero.

On the fuel gauge however I noticed I have two bars missing. How can the fuel cost read zero on the ending screen if I've clearly used fuel? Am I missing something? I looked in the manual but couldn't find am answer. Thanks all.

2. Dtronic

Dtronic Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    You have to enter the price of fuel in one of the menus for it to base calculations on.

hybridbear likes this.
  3. hybridbear

hybridbear Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    You can enter the fuel cost in the menu. Cycle the "disp" button until you get to "Settings", then press & hold it to access the Settings. Then scroll to "fuel cost" and input your fuel cost. Each time you fill the tank the car will detect this and will automatically ask you to update the fuel cost when starting the car. You use the "disp" & "trip" steering wheel buttons to adjust the cost. You have to be attentive to do this right away when starting the car after getting gas because it only appears for a few seconds on the screen & quickly disappears.

Dtronic likes this.
  4. UserError

UserError Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Ah okay thank you guys. :)

5. Keith Elkin

Keith Elkin Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    For some reason mine keeps telling me my savings when I shut off rather than cost, this happened once before and I thought it was because I accidentally switched from consumption display to savings display on one of the screens.. I changed it back to consumption but still no change on the screen when I power off. Anyone know how to switch from Savings to Consumption cost when shutting off?