1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from Camano Island, WA, need pieces from under cargo mat.

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Tata_pilote, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Tata_pilote

Tata_pilote New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    just got an '05 Prius, burgundy, for my wife, mainly, though I LOVE to drive it and TRY and better her MPG. She's been getting around 54, but it's down to 50 now for unknown reasons (weather?) "My OTHER CAR" is a 2001 Honda Insight Hybrid, getting 62mpg winter, up to 72 in summer.
    Our car is on a salvage title, hit on the left rear quarter, and we're missing most of the stuff from below the cargo mat, like the luggage box, the jack holder, the hold-down bolt, and probably other things that I don't know are supposed to be there. Also the little spare is worn out, but I suppose the tire shop has that tire.
    Also, I'm using the 5W-30 oil, would it hurt to use the 5W-20 year round?
    Anyone have parts from there, or know where to find them?
    Thanks, Don Davis.

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Hi Don, welcome to PriusChat. Fortunately, the left rear is pretty empty of anything vital. My best suggestion is to look in auto salvage yards for a Prius with a smashed up front. The Search link (third from right near the top) should get you into the many oil discussions. Happy driving!

3. JimN

JimN Let the games begin!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    V
    Don, thanks for reminding me that I only have to improve my FE by 40% for a chance to catch up to Meredith's Insight at June's rally.

Do you have the two triangular panels that fit in the corners of the deck and the retractable cover?

4. Tata_pilote

Tata_pilote New Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    Hi Jim, thanks. I have the 2 triangles and the retractable cover, I just need the stuff that goes actually under the cargo mat, like the baggage bin, the wheel hold down bolt, etc. I have a couple of 2 foot long styrofoam pieces that are for underneath, but don't see yet how they fit, since I'm missing other things. Don't need anything for the left quarter area, that's all repaired. Thanks. Don Davis ([email protected]) :)