1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from London, UK

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Data Daedalus, Jul 6, 2013.

1. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hi! I'm Data Daedalus from London....and I just purchased my dream car on the 29th June - a week ago! I'm now the proud owner of a Prius II T Spirit (Touring Stateside I believe), with 55k (imperial) on the clock and literally all the luxury add ons, including the impressive grey leather interior. I've been lurking around here for months, assimilating as much data as I can about the Toyota Prius. I've carefully sorted the myth from fact, studied the testimonials of Prii Pilots, and I finally made my move. I did go through a raft of other potential vehicles while looking for a replacement to my 15 year old Mazda MX-3 1.6i that gave me a measly 220 miles per 43 litres of fuel (urban). I was attracted to many, but weeks of careful comparison always brought me back to the Prius II T-Spirit. So last Saturday, I finally made my move!

Am I pleased? More than that...I'm literally on another planet. I have ascended to a higher plane of automotive existence. This is no ordinary car - it's a Spacecraft on wheels!! It has completely reconfigured the way I drive. I now literally pilot my way across London to work everyday in climate controlled comfort (when I need it) and can't believe how quiet, peaceful and serene the Prius II is. Nothing elates me more than crawling through heavily congested traffic on electricity only, and taking advantage of long inclines to recharge my traction power cells. I proudly drive like I'm flying a Boeing 777 across the Atlantic, taking advantage of all present conditions to save fuel while STILL keeping up with the traffic. My urban MPG for the week? 56.6mpg (imperial). Pleased, I am...!!!

F8L likes this.
  2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome to a new friend from across the pond!:) well said, i still feel like you 9 years later. all the best!(y) (are you related to daedalus diggle?)

3. Data Daedalus

Data Daedalus Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thank you Bisco :). No, I'm not related to Daedalus Diggle I'm afraid. I'm not surprised that 9 years later you still feel this way too! My new Prius T Spirit has completely redefined the way I drive. I kept using the word "pilot" to describe driving a Prius. Just as a Glider Pilot takes advantage of thermal updrafts to stay aloft, so also do savvy Prius Pilots take advantage of inclines to charge their Traction Batteries, they pulse and glide (wow!), they literally pay attention to the road traffic conditions and drive accordingly, ensuring within reason that they save fuel even as they navigate to their destinations! It's the most amazing fun! Crucially, this red Mothership can really move when it needs to. This is the best car I ever bought - I'll never drive a normal car again :)

4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    when i got my '04, i took my nephew's (six and nine) for a ride. the car was warmed up so i drove them around in ev and told them it was a spaceship. they bought it.:p

5. Rupert B Puppenstein

Rupert B Puppenstein Active Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Welcome!! It sounds like you are well on your way to loving the Prius as much as most of us here do! :)