1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from Orlando

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by spacemonkey, Aug 24, 2014.

1. spacemonkey

spacemonkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello,

My name is Kelvin and I just traded in my 2012 Hyundai Veloster for a 2010 Prius II. This is my first Toyota and first Prius! It has a bit high mileage (107,000) but in excellent condition and the dealer thought it was a Prius I. I aways wanted a Prius but was a bit afraid. This forum really helped me out in my decision. I was not so confident about the Hyundai going over 100k but the Prius seems to be built like a tank. So far...it drives like a brand new car after some maintenance. The car better suits my lifestyle and needs so I thought it was a fair trade.

The first thing I did was balance, rotate, and aligned tires. Then I changed out the oil and transmission/transaxle fluid. Replaced PCV valve. Perhaps it was a bit over kill and the fluid did have a tint of red in it but I just wanted to get it over with. I do have a tip:

Push pressure on the plug when draining it. or this will happen. lol

Anyways, kudos for the excellent community! You all have been very helpful with me lurking around! Please, I am a newb so if I did something wrong or have any tips, please feel free to tell me. This is also my first used car. I'm still a bit nervous about driving a high milage Prius but so far its been good to me. So feel free to tell me if I made a good move or not. I do love this car!

Attached Files:

EvaFlorida and Burna J like this.
  2. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Buggeration! Don't ya just hate it when that happens!:cry: Congratulations on your excellent choice of car, and welcome to PriusChat! My previous Toyota (Corolla DX Wagon; 21 years old, and 292,000 miles on odometer (failed NH Inspection (rotted rocker-panels)) so I got my Prius (ChuggyPig) back in Jan 2014 (2009 Gen II with 83,000 miles (a mere baby (for a Toyota)). Congrats and welcome again! So will you be heading up here for 2GoB4 get-together in Sept? - Wil

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    hi kelvin, looking good! all the best. (y) see you in february! :cool:

4. spacemonkey

spacemonkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks! 2GoB4? was trying to search the forum for this meet. Any info?
    for this

5. WilDavis

WilDavis Senior Member

Top RH Corner of RH Coast on L side of The Pond
    Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model:
    II
  6. Jeromy

Jeromy Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    Kelvin, any interest in attending a meet up for prius owners in Orlando?