1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie from SoCal

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by donkey, May 5, 2008.

1. donkey

donkey New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    First off, thanks everyone on this wonderful forum for all of the useful information. I picked up my new 2008 package 6 touring, spectra blue, last week and every time I drive the car I'm amazed at the wonderful package this car is- great mpg, roominess, comfort and convenience, solid build quality, quiet, and great history of reliability. We have a 2000 Camry and while it is a bit wider, the Prius has more leg room. At first I was considering a package 2 and 5, but because package 2 is the most popular model out here, the dealers were able to give a much better price on package 5 vs 2, which makes the price difference easier to swallow. Then I saw the leather in a package 6 and really liked it, so I decided on a package 6. Luckily, I asked out of curiosity for a quote on the package 6 touring (in CA touring is available only on the package 6), and when it was only $350 more it was a no brainer. I'm just glad I didn't listen to the sales guy at the local dealership who said that the touring makes no difference and is a waste of $.:confused:

I extensively researched and test drove many cars (Civic, FIT, Accord, Corolla, Matrix, Versa) before deciding on the Prius. Actually, I was going to buy the 08 Accord but out of curiosity test drove a Prius, and I was sold. I just had to do some research and thanks to this forum I found tons of useful information and where to get a good price. I wanted to buy the Prius when the new model came out in 2004, but had too much skepticism about the reliability and cost/savings factor. I still had doubts about the traction battery and general reliability but thanks to this forum I've learned that the battery is mostly a non-issue and the car is highly reliable. In fact, i was surprised that in the 2008 car buying issue, Consumer Reports gave the Prius the highest mark in all of the indicators for reliability. No other car, not even the Camry or Corolla, had perfect marks across the board.

So far I've added 3M clear bra and contemplating getting a tint. The factory "tint" seems to be doing a pretty good job at keeping the car cool. I'd like to get the ultimate lockpik but I'm apprehensive about taking things apart in a new car.

Thanks again, y'all have been wonderful:)

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, donkey! The Prius keeps getting better the more you know about it. For example, one reason the "factory 'tint'" keeps the car cooler is that the glass itself has a high iron content which blocks infra-red light (heat), there is no applied tint. You made a great choice!