1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie here... and here's my story...

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Judas Prius, May 6, 2011.

1. jamesa53

jamesa53 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Minor correction....the Prius uses 0W-20 synthetic.

2. twittel

twittel Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the catch. I've listed oil type incorrectly a couple times now. I ought to get in the habit of proofing my type, but evidently I'm not willing. ;)

3. Rocco42

Rocco42 Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    I'd also like to know where that self-cleaning mechanism is. The birds around here are loving my Prius to use as their toilet! Yesterday, I went across the street to get the mail, and when I came back, there was a big load on the windshield.

As far as the co-workers ribbing you. I deal with it each and every day. I am still learning how to drive the thing to get max mileage, and think I am finally getting the hang of it. A month and a half, and I am already up to 57 mpg. They rib me all the time about how the batteries will wear out soon. We got a new UPS for the raised floor, which houses about 100 servers. There was a stack of about 50 or so deep cycle 12v marine batteries from the old UPS near the back door, with a sign on them that read, "Rocco's spare Prius Batteries." The freakin' batteries were bigger than my car! The other day, someone made up a "T" with some ancient twinax cable from the mainframe days, and left it in my cube with a note that said, "Prius drive by wire steering control." I think that they are just jealous, because as far as I see it, the Prius is arguably the most technologically advanced cars in production today. What with the futuristic dash, and all the information on it, it surely shows this, from the driver's perspective.

And it's not all about the mpg, and tech, but, for me, the pollution that the Prius does not emit. Things like the fuel bladder, which cuts hydrocarbon emissions, and use of some recycled materials in some of the plastic parts are a help to our Mother Earth. OK, so I am an environmentalist, and the Prius also boosts my bona fides with my eco-friends.