1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie here first post..

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Hctim, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Hctim

Hctim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    Dipping my toes into the hybrid pool. Picking up my 2017 Prius √4 tomorrow. My friend is selling it to me and I'm gonna do a Fly/drive from NY to So Fla on Wed.. I CANT WAIT!!
    Creampuff with 16,000 miles on it..
    mitch

bisco likes this.
  2. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Hello

Come on in. The water is warm and ehm bubbly (excuse me). Lol

Good luck on the fly and drive. I found a rare beauty in Florida and drove it back to Houston. I had to learn stick real quick!

Safe travels, my friend.

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome!

what does the symbol before the '4' mean?

Raytheeagle likes this.
  4. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Usually that indicates division, but here I guess it means “v”;).

Or if you divide 4, you get 2:whistle:?

bisco likes this.
  5. Greenteapri

Greenteapri Active Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    No, Ray. That symbol means square root. Swing and a miss, like the Nats tonight. Go 'stros!

6. Hctim

Hctim Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    "]Dipping my toes into the hybrid pool. Picking up my 2017 Prius √4 "

So I'm safe and sound in So Fla with my blood red √4.. Mostly down the I-95 corridor. Got 39/40/42 mpg going between 65 and 75 mph.. shhh don't tell!! The on board MPH and MPG were off a bit too. Said I got 44 mpg when I hand calculated 42 mpg.. No biggie. Speedo off by 1 mph also.. Cruise control wanderd a bit up or down 1 mph. Again no deal breaker... I realize the Prius will get better milage around town (most of my driving) than Hwy...
    So I'm thinking I have rarely seen a √4 on the highway and wouldn't you know it I see a white one and a blue one yesterday.. It would be neat if the three of us rode together... Red, White and Blue!!!

Very stable and a substantial feel. Corners well and has enough "oomph" to get on the highway smarty. I'm no boy racer so it's good enough for me. Doors go "thunk" when you close them. I'm an geek and have a DB meter on the phone. Registered "moderate" noise level just below loud at highway speed. Loud with the radio on..
    As a reference the Airbus 320 I flew up on registered LOUD in the cabin at cruising altitude... The Prius is quieter than the jet!! A more refined vehicle than my 2013 Honda Civic coupe I'm selling.. It has a few dings that I have to take care of. So far it's a keeper. I'm liking it!! Time to buy some "toys" for the toy....
    mitch

bisco likes this.