1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie in Canada needing clarification about Prius 2010 variants.

Discussion in 'Gen 3 Prius Main Forum' started by Briant1840, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    There are two ways to use Intelligent Parking Assist - with and without the Pre-Support Function (the button to the right of the steering wheel near your right knee). I would carefully read Chapter 7 of the Navigation Manual as that entire chapter is dedicated to IPA.

Pre-Support makes it easier to park as it guides you. If you've figured out how to position the car, then the manual way can work a touch faster. (Assuming you've got it right, you'll see a green box and you just press OK to get it started).

It's mostly for a "wow factor" to show to friends and family. I've used when I'm tired at the end of a drive or whenever I just feel like it.

#21 Tideland Prius, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    Briant1840 likes this.
  2. David Beale

David Beale Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Just for additional information, Pearl S is a 2012 "Technology Package" Canadian car and she doesn't have "intelligent parking assist". Or at least, in the last five years I haven't found the button(s). ;)

3. Tideland Prius

Tideland Prius Moderator of the North
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    That's correct. IPA, water-repellent glass (and in the US, plasmacluster) were removed for the 2012 midlife update.

Gains were power driver's seat (and in the US, HUD)