1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie in Chandler, AZ

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by SgtTurtle, Apr 10, 2008.

1. SgtTurtle

SgtTurtle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Replaced a 2005 Nissan Armada LE 4x4 with the Prius. Went from 14 mpg to 42 mpg. Loved the living room on wheels, but hated the idea that I was supporting terrorism and global warming with all of the money I spent on gas. I drive over 2000 miles a month. I am also eagerly awaiting getting my HOV plates which will speed up my commute immensely.

I am an attorney, and the hardest thing for me to overcome was the image thing. I was worried what my client's would think. (Unfortunately, people tend to judge how good an attorney is by the car they drive.) I finally decided that I was not going to tie my ego to the kind of car I drive and that anyone who knows anything would realize how smart a choice the Prius was.

So far I really love my Prius. Took the wife, dog, and 3 kids on a 180 mile (each way) road trip this past weekend and everyone did fine. The kids even said they thought the Prius was bigger inside than the Armada. (I think the smaller seats are more comfortable for them.)

2. Bill Merchant

Bill Merchant absit invidia

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    :welcome: Welcome to PriusChat, SgtTurtle! The back seat of a Prius is pretty spacious. Try it sometime when your wife drives. If any clients make cracks about your Prius, point out that lots of movie stars drive them, then start asking about their carbon footprint, then start raving about obscene oil company profits and funding terrorists in the middle east.

Oh, wait, they're clients... Just smile and mention your miles per gallon...

3. Prius 07

Prius 07 Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Congrats on the new car and welcome to PC. Get used to not seeing your favourite gas attendant as often.;)

4. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If you count rear legroom my Prius has more legroom than my Navigator... so I'd imagine it does feel more spacious (well, not as wide) as your Armada.

For taking out clients I just ended up keeping my gas guzzlers...although I'm starting to use the Prius for even that.

BTW, I'm probably pretty close. I live on Pecos/Gilbert Rd right on the Chandler/Gilbert border.

Mike

5. SgtTurtle

SgtTurtle Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Mike-
    We are pretty close. I live on Riggs between Arizona and McQueen.

6. miscrms

miscrms Plug Envious Member

Vehicle:
    2005 Prius
    I had to read that twice, first time I thought you said "Try it sometime with your wife" as the "drives" wrapped to the next line. :smokin:

Welcome to a fellow Arizonian.

Rob

7. goldmantx

goldmantx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Hey there guys,

I'm not too far from you as I live in Mesa. Where did you guys buy your Prius? I am going to buy one this week, so any info would be helpful!

Can't wait to not see my favorite gas station anymore!

Eric
    Mesa, AZ

8. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought mine from the new Big Two that's a stone's throw away from my house at Gilbert/202.

9. goldmantx

goldmantx Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Thanks for the quick reply. I am dealing with the Fleet department and they quoted me $330 above invoice plus $369 TTL, BUT they have the bs fees on the invoice like holdback, advertising fees, etc...

Do you think you got a good deal from them?

I really appreciate the info!

10. mingoglia

mingoglia Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    I bought mine in October. I think I paid $28,300 for my '08 package 6 with tint thrown in. I can look at my paperwork when I get home and tell you for sure... you can probably even talk to my sales guy if he's still around (salesmen are rarely at dealerships more than a few months it seems these days).