1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie introduction & questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by JRW, Mar 6, 2012.

1. JRW

JRW Automotive Journalist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Hi everyone. I am a newbie here. This forum was recommended to me by a person who has owned more than one Prius.

I just got a new 2012 Prius Plug-in (base model, Clearwater Blue Metallic). This is the second Prius that I've owned.

I have a couple of questions about using this forum.

First, I have tried several times to add a profile photo to my profile, but each time I try to upload it I cannot do so. I read about the requirement to make the photos no larger than 150 x 100 pixels, and no more than 62k in size, and I did that. The upload seems to be a two step process. First I need to browse to find the photo and upload it once, which I do successfully. I can see it. Then, at the bottom of that screen I click the button to update my profile, but a message appears saying that the update failed. The photo does not show up on my next sent message. Does anyone have any idea as to what I am doing wrong.

-----------

Second, I tried to post a photo of my car in the newbie car photos section. I used the attach (paperclip) button, which gives me an opportunity to search for and upload photos to attach. Then, by positioning the cursor and clicking the paperclip button again, I am given the opportunity to "Manage attachments." I saw the filename of my uploaded photo displayed, but the file size had become very small (80k) relative to the size of the original photo. Nevertheless, I clicked on that link. Doing so added some attachment code (the word ATTACH, in square brackets, in front of and after a five digit number). to where I had positioned my cursor. Unfortunately, what got posted was a thumbnail of my car photo, which you can probably see here:

20120303 - 2012 Toyota Prius Plug-in - Jan Wagner & David Bacon - GSM - KMT - IMG_2362.jpg

Some of the other member's posted photos were much larger. Again, does anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you for your help and your patience with this newbie.

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and:welcome: you need 5 posts for attachments so maybe try again?

3. pwlcheng

pwlcheng Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    :welcome: You can upload photo to 1) your Profile and 2) display on every message you post(ed).
    I believe you did the first one to upload to your profile already, here is the steps to do the second one, upload photo that will display on your messages -
    Goto [UserCP] then [Edit Avatar]
    Near the bottom area is [Custom Avatar] where you can upload your own image.

Hope this helps.

1 person likes this.
  4. spiderman

spiderman wretched

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    WElcome aboard and enjoy the PIP!

5. JRW

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    Thank you for your help. I did not realize that the picture under the user name is called an avatar. I thought it was called a profile picture.

6. JRW

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I just brightened my avatar a bit. The letters were too dark relative to the car color (Clearwater Blue Metallic).

7. skm009

skm009 Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Nice car! Congratulations.

8. Leealwayswantedone

Leealwayswantedone Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    Model: