1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie Prius owner- used model 2006 saying hello :-)

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Beth in Bawlamore, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Beth in Bawlamore

Beth in Bawlamore New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hello forum members-

I have always been one of those people that drive my cars into the ground before I get another one and have good luck with long life in small, economical Japanese cars. My second car was an '80 Toyota Celica fonly known as the 'flying banana' that I put out to pasture at 300,000 miles.

This last car as a '95 Honda Civic- with around 175K. Just paid to get new radiator and air con hoses when the hood latch that had been dodgy for years gave up the ghost whilst I was going 65 mph on the interstate on the way to work. Now it looks like a potato chip ;-) and I had to go searching for a new used car...

Had just rented a new Prius for my new entrepreneurial company- my bff/business partner and I drove 1700 miles- to, around and back from Atlanta on $125 worth of gas- pretty amazing!
    (see pic here:
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=365572933516592&set=a.196042133803007.50059.185220618218492&type=1&theater )

Right after I got back, I saw a few cars, but fell in love with the used Prius I drove. Just found the car's maintenance records online- looks pretty good- regular car w/the original dealer. It was a trade in when the original owners went full electric and bought a Leaf. Carfax for the car also checked out. Bought it yesterday! It's silver with a grey interior. (pix soon)

It's a 2006 model- I actually like the dashboard set up, etc. a bit more than the new model, to be honest. It's got 85K and I am hoping to drive it at least another 85K if not 100k :)

Have looked up newbie tips on here and elsewhere and downloaded the manual (in all its bits and pieces) from the Toyota site.

The only thing I saw on the care records that made me say "hrmmm" was a pump recall that got replaced while it was still under warranty (which it's not now).

Anything specific to this year's model I should know about other than all of the info I've already gathered from your newbie tips?

Cheers,
    Beth in Bawlamore

PS. Glad to find a friendly forum like this!! Cheers, folks. :) PPS. If you are on FB, and are a bit of a 'greenie', please like my company page : Green Product Placement | Facebook
    Thanks in advance!!

2. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Welcome to Priuschat! I drove a 1989 Toyota Corrola All-trac wagon until 2009, now I am 100,000 milles into a 2009 Prius.

3. Whiteyprius

Whiteyprius Active Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Drove my '08 107K miles then gave it to my wife. We put in new floor mats. She loves to show off her "new" Prius at work! Enjoy the ride!