1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie PriusV

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by PriusVcanyonrunz, Jun 15, 2017.

1. PriusVcanyonrunz

PriusVcanyonrunz Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    From Fallbrook, fought getting a Prius for a long time but actually enjoy it now. Came from driving bimmers. My PriusV doesn't know it's a Prius based on how i drive. I'm heavy on the gas and live driving back roads of fallbrook. Most peole surprised when I'm keeping up with them in canyon runs! Car handles great, pwr button helps. Isn't the fastest car but coming from '91 BMW 318is im used to handling 1.8L vehicles. Not used to front wheel drives, miss throwing the back end out. But not worried. I really like the roominess of the V. Glad i found this forum. Don't like it governs at 105mph.

RCO, Bob Comer and Aaron Vitolins like this.
  2. dslomer64

dslomer64 Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    105 mi/hr or km/hr?

Gen 2 (2006) and Gen 4 (2017)

3. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    congrats and welcome! we don't discriminate, all the best!(y)

PriusVcanyonrunz likes this.
  4. JimboPalmer

JimboPalmer Tsar of all the Rushers

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    The v has a different final drive ratio than the Liftback so it has more muscle at lower speeds, but hits the redline at 103.
    The final-drive ratio changed from the standard Prius's 3.27:1 to 3.70:1 for the Prius v. Since the Liftback is governed at 115, the v winds up governed at 103.

Someone at Toyota worried about the 0 to 60 time with the same ratios as the Liftback in a heavier car. (I swear i have never been over 95 MPH in mine. I pulled out to pass a combine harvester and discovered there were 5 in a row.)

RCO likes this.
  5. Kenny94945

Kenny94945 Active Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Four
    We like our v.
    Comfortable driver's seat and steering wheel, yes?
    Rear seats fold flat too.
    Great storage for hauling your stereotyped green marijuana dispensary products. haha.
    Plus a solid 40 mpg.
    Prius chat to me seems the best of the Prius forums.

Of sporting interest there is the anti bounce feature in the suspension.
    X-braces for three areas and sway bars are available aftermarket.
    Plus lower springs.
    I've recall reading on this site that their can be issues with rear wheel chamber adjustability if getting a special alignment and corner weighting.
    Side wind effects on the body can be a nuisance.
    And yes about 105 top speed.

There are also intakes and exhausts, yet I would forego those as a barely 5 or 10 horsepower increase is not worth altering the OEM hybrid system IMO.

Some like to add sound deadening to lower road noise...and I can agree as the interior is like an echoing cave.

Have fun.

6. Aaron Vitolins

Aaron Vitolins Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Welcome and congratulations! I upgraded the handling of my Prius v by replacing the factory mid chassis brace with a homemade thick solid steel one. I actually bolted the factory one on with the new half inch thick steel one. I was honestly shocked when I took my first corner after installing it. I was used to the liftback Prius that handled much better, but now I think the v handles good!

I also have the 17 inch wheels on mine.

Randi and RCO like this.