1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

newbie question inverter coolant pump/warning codes

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by taz1665, Sep 20, 2013.

1. taz1665

taz1665 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Hi I have a 2001 prius that the gas cap was left loose on and suddenly i had warnings light up the board.I had the big triangle the red car with the line and check engine.I took it to autozone and I got P3130 P0300 and P3125..after much research on this forum I changed the 12 v battery,changed the MAF and cleaned the throttle > When i hooked the battery back up the display will not come back on except to show what radio station is on. Also the car will drive but has no pep.It barely revs up. I know the inverter coolant pump is not pumping as there are no bubbles in the resevoir so I need to order that.All warning lights are off after rehooking battery up
    The questions I have are 1) does anyone know why the display suddenly wont come on.
    2)The car feels like it is in safe mode and if so how do I get it out.
    3)the part #i got from the dealer is G9020-47022 which online says it fits 2004-2009 and not a 2001.
    is this the same part nowor did they give me the wrong #
    Thanks for any help you can give me

2. Eclipse1701d

Eclipse1701d Prius Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Three Touring
    I'm not a mechanic, but I know enough about the Prius that the inverter pump should be operational BEFORE you try to drive it. If MG1 or MG2 overheat, your transaxle is toast...

With that said, I am sure that someone with more experience will chime in shortly. Good luck!

3. taz1665

taz1665 New Member

Vehicle:
    2001 Prius
    Model:
    I
    Thanks >I know that from reading posts and it has only been driven about a mile to get home since the warning light came on.I just started it again and now the display is back as normal and it seems to have a lot more pep so now hopefully that issue resolved itself.Now I just need to verify the part # so I can order it.Thanks