1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie question - Leather seats - dealer add-on

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by gilmores33, Aug 14, 2006.

1. gilmores33

gilmores33 New Member

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all of the great information on this site. I am taking delivery of my new Prius - Magnetic grey #7 next weekend. I have been reading this site extensively and actually used tips from the site in locating the car I wanted.

I have spoken to the dealer about adding leather. They tell me they can add leather for $1495, but it won't include the steering wheel. They say they cannot do anything with the steering wheel.

Does this sound right?

I am purchasing the car in Memphis, but live in St. Louis, MO. If there is someone local or someone national that could handle the leather install in St. Louis, it may be better to do that.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Looking forward to driving my new Prius!!

KC

2. Bomangani

Bomangani Junior Member

Just purchased mine this Saturday and got the leather seats for $1160 from Ron Carter in Alvin, TX

3. gilmores33

gilmores33 New Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bomangani @ Aug 14 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]303041[/snapback]</div>
    are you enjoyin it so far?

Did they do the steering wheel and armrests for that price?

4. mtsarpilot

mtsarpilot Junior Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bomangani @ Aug 14 2006, 10:54 AM) [snapback]303041[/snapback]</div>
    Mine was $1195 at Mark Miller Toyota, Salt Lake City. They did do the armrests and the center console, but not the steering wheel. Steering wheel is a bigger challenge. I think they basically have to replace the steering wheel to do that. It's not easy to add leather to the current one and make it look good from what I hear. Everyone I talked to quoted it without the steering wheel.

5. ashinbas

ashinbas New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    My dealer had a package #7 on allocation and said he would upgrade it to leather (at the same sticker cost as getting a package #8). When I discovered the #7 came w/ the standard steering wheel, I changed my order to a package #8. It's a matter of preference whether you want the leather steering wheel or not (coming from a BMW, I'm glad I waited for the package 8).

6. gilmores33

gilmores33 New Member

all excellent feedback. I think I'll go ahead without the leather steering wheel at this time. the dealer quickly discounted the price. I would have loved to hold out for a #8 but have searched everywhere locally and don't have the luxury of taking a two day trip with my wife 8 months pregnant. Gotta stick around the house just in case!

thanks everyone!

kc