1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie question

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by norman, Apr 13, 2004.

1. Batavier

Batavier Member

Ah, nice. Don't have the car or manual yet... but will probably know it by heart within a day after the car arrives. :D

2. Danny

Danny Admin/Founder
    Staff Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    You've got a PM!

3. jasond

jasond New Member

One thing I noticed during the winter months..

There could be some ice on my hood when I left work, and after an 18-mile (35-40 minute) drive home, the ice would still be there... This sucker just doesn't overheat.

4. DaveinOlyWA

DaveinOlyWA 3rd Time was Solariffic!!

Vehicle:
    2013 Nissan LEAF
    Model:
    Persona
    Batavier:

you can download several of the manuals right here on this forum. just go to the files section.

5. Wolfman

Wolfman New Member

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    The problem with the Vega, besides being a GM product, was that the coating that they put in the cylinder bores would come off, and allow severe vertical scoring of the cylinder bores if the engine overheated. Another common problem with aluminum was when it's being used on an iron block. The two dissimilar metals expand at a different rate, so when the engine was overheated, this would cause the head to warp, and head gasket to fail.

The aluminum block and head *SHOULD* alleviate this problem. The cylinders in these engines have cast iron sleeves in them, so you have a good durable metal where it's needed. Additionally, this is a Toyota, and they don't have the habit of sending out untested, and barely engineered products.