1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie w Radio & Entune Questions

Discussion in 'Prius v Audio and Electronics' started by Koko, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Koko

Koko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    I'm a new owner of a 2012 Prius v 3. Can someone please explain the entune radio system to me? I find it all rather confusing and after reading some posts here, I'm wondering if my salesperson didn't explain it correctly. All I'm interested in is having a radio, sometimes being able to play iPod songs through the radio, a navigation system, and blue tooth capability for my occasional iPhone call - it was explained to me that I'd have them all without having to pay for them after the 3-month sirius trial period ended.
    Meanwhile, I just received an email from Toyota that entune is complimentary for 3 years. What happens after that??? Would I still have Bluetooth, the radio, and navigation system if I don't pay for entune from year 4, on?
    Thanks very much!

2. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    yes you have no problem other than a confusing salesman. Entune adds some smartphone apps through the screen but you don't need to pay to have bluetooth, radio or navigation. If you want real-time traffic and gas prices and bing through the radio, Entune is for you.

Koko likes this.
  3. Koko

Koko Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Phew! (sigh of relief)
    Thanks, RJ!