1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie - warning lights and warranty question 2007 Prius

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Care, Maintenance and Troubleshooting' started by NB016, May 21, 2018.

1. NB016

NB016 New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Hey everyone,

This is my first post here after much lurking. The 2007 Prius is my first car and I'm having some trouble with it. Not too long ago I bought it used. It seemed to be well taken care of throughout the years with the paperwork to match. The hybrid battery was replaced in March of 2017 by the original owner and it was bought from a Toyota dealership with warranty. We recently got the catalytic converter replaced as well about a month ago. On Saturday as I was getting out of my driveway, all of the following lights came on:

Master warning light
    Brake system warning light
    Vehicle stability control system warning light
    Check engine light
    Hybrid system warning light

and it started saying something like 1.2 MPG, which I thought was strange. I promptly parked it. Today I brought it to a dealership and asked about the hybrid battery warranty, a rep told me that warranties aren't transferable. I didn't know that was the case and I'm trying to find more information on this. If anyone knows anything about hybrid battery warranties please let me know. My car is still at the dealership with no update - I really hope it isn't the battery but I'm not sure what else it could be. I'm really worried, any insight would be so appreciated. Thanks for reading!

2. JC91006

JC91006 Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    II
    got a picture of the lights? How many miles on the car? You bought the car from the original owner?

How did you get it to the dealer?

SFO and Raytheeagle like this.
  3. douglasjre

douglasjre Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    ----USA----
  4. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    the warranty is transferable.

5. Raytheeagle

Raytheeagle Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2019 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Did you have the dealer pull any codes? Do any of them point to the hybrid battery?

SFO likes this.
  6. John McG.

John McG. Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I have a 2007 Prius and got a quote from Toyota for a new HV battery 2 weeks ago. The warranty was only 12 months, but it was transferrable.
    A lot of things can throw those codes, especially a weak auxiliary battery (the 12 volt small one in the right rear of the car). Pretty unlikely its your HV battery, the new ones are pretty solid, but I guess it could happen. I wouldn't get too nervous,...yet. I would be more nervous why its taking them so long to get you a diagnosis. Let us know the outcome.