1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie with questions

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Deepwatertree, Jan 11, 2016.

1. Deepwatertree

Deepwatertree Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    I
    cool, thanks. I'll keep it in eco mode from now onokay cool, I will see what I can find in the threads about these topics. Thanks.

2. mmmodem

mmmodem Senior Taste Tester

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    The thing I've learned about the Prius and really any hybrid in general is that you can get great fuel economy and meet EPA numbers by just driving it normally and not doing anything special. My wife doesn't care a lick about fuel economy and just drives the car regularly averaging 45 mpg without charging. And that is going 80+ on the freeway.

It's the pursuit of even better mpg that people get into trouble. ECO mode won't help you if you are uncomfortable and turn up or down the temperature to compensate. Likewise, if you gun it all the time because ECO mode is too soft, then you might as well just drive in normal or PWR. We already talked about not driving slowly to force EV mode. I bet you can get 45 mpg by just turning off the HSD so you have no idea how hard you are pressing the pedal. :LOL: