1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbie's First Post

Discussion in 'Prius c Main Forum' started by kamogawa, Sep 12, 2016.

1. kamogawa

kamogawa New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I live in Texas and am considering purchasing a 2012 Prius C with 30K miles,has a clean title 1 year factory warranty remaining on drive train and ~ 4 years factory warranty left on hybrid components.

Since i have never owned a Prius is this a fairly reliable car given the mileage?
    What would be major maintenance items and mileage when they might occur to expect?
    If this vehicle has been properly maintained what is the expected life of the batteries?

If i am asking questions that can't be answered given the year and model I have included what would i need to submit to get objective feedback?

Thanks for all replies

2. bisco

bisco cookie crumbler

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    welcome! no major work until at least 100k, 8 years. expected battery life is 180k, and everything else at least that long. of course, past performance is no guarantee of future earnings, but it sounds like you found a good one. all the best!(y)

Hyper Hybrid likes this.
  3. Hyper Hybrid

Hyper Hybrid New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    II
    Totally agree with Bisco. I bought the first of the Gen 2 Prius in 2004. I too was concerned about battery. 175,000 miles later I quit worrying about battery. Ended up getting the car totalled, when a guy rear ended me. Bought a used C and am happy as heck.

Posted via the PriusChat mobile app.

PointCounterPt likes this.