1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbies - Let's See Some Pics!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Husker4theSpurs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Mother-in-law recently inherited body style after her 2nd husband passed. Pearl white and a pip. It's got about 70k on it & will likely need egr cleaning soon - or the head gasket will blow. Electric range down to 10 miles. Mother-in-law inter 80s she'll be giving up her driver's license soon and we'll probably have to return to SoCal to sell it.

2. UggaDugga

UggaDugga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Welcoming back an old friend after a lengthy head gasket repair on my 2010. First major car maintenance I'd ever done, and it runs great again now!

Attached Files:

Burna J likes this.
  3. ColoradoBoo

ColoradoBoo Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Is that ODO showing 316,563 miles?? Huge amount of respect!!!

hill likes this.
  4. SilveRing

SilveRing New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    IMG_20230712_154228009.jpg IMG_20230712_133435087.jpg IMG_20230712_133435087.jpg IMG_20230712_132657745.jpg IMG_20230712_154228009.jpg
    Here is me and mine. New to the forum, new to cars, new to tech, it only took me an hour to figure out how to do this much. Lol.

#2924 SilveRing, Jul 12, 2023
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2023
    Pri3C, Burna J and hill like this.
  5. UggaDugga

UggaDugga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Well, I bought it at 266k with an engine replacement (122k on that), so I can't take all the credit.
    As it turned out, it had a cracked water pump which killed the previous engine. Got that fixed and it ran like a champ up until the head gasket blew. :whistle:

6. SilveRing

SilveRing New Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Hey Prius heads, it's late, 5:30am on my corner of the map. I work nights.
    My little car has started an annoying on and off again habit. She starts with no dash lights, also takes out my cruze control and back up camera.
    I searched the problem on YouTube, however that is a little frustrating to find what I want. I found some information for a " chicken dance ", turn your song, open that, push this button four times, going to write them up, wait with your right arm to the east and then open the door and shut it three times. But I would like to know, does anybody know what the hell is going on with my little car.
    Anyways humans, I will check this when I get up later, and I'm sure one of you prius heads will have given me all the information to make my little car better.
    Forgive the wishing, magical answer bullshit, that's on me.
    But seriously, if anybody can help with some information, I would really appreciate it.
    I will check this in the morning, your night.
    Any advice would be very appreciated.

7. Preebee

Preebee Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    LE
    Is creating and uploading to a gallery the only way to post pictures in this forum now?

8. UggaDugga

UggaDugga Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My 2008 did this about a month ago, it seems like it may be the combimeter cluster having an error. Simplest way to temporarily fix it is to disconnect the starting battery (12V) for about 30 seconds and then reconnect it - essentially just turning it off & on again to reset it.
    The other symptom I had was that the car didn't want to fully turn off, just sat in aux mode.
    was a pretty good walkthrough for dealing with that.
    I haven't had any issues since reseting it (knock on wood). Hope this helps you out too!

9. Chicagobob

Chicagobob New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    ( IMG_0902.jpeg Recent 2016 ex-rental car purchase. 140,000 miles. Immediately required new water pump, aux battery and engine splash guard. Traction battery tests at 87%, though, no the tires are new.

Burna J and Pri3C like this.
  10. Luke VanNatter

Luke VanNatter New Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    Touring
    Just bought this 2008 last night for my daughter. Excited to learn all their is to know about these (although I've been researching for over a year). I'll be installing a new HV battery and/or cells soon. What's the trick to getting a post approved as a newbie? I need help removing the roof rack without a key.
    IMG_20230719_194005854.jpg

Pri3C and Burna J like this.
  11. GhostFingersXP

GhostFingersXP New Member

Vehicle:
    2016 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Two
    Here’s my 2016 Prius V Two that I purchased through CarMax in October 2021. Absolutely love this car and have done many road trips since purchasing.

Attached Files:

12. vvillovv

vvillovv Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2017 Prius Prime
    Model:
    Prime Plus
    Here's a tube that shows howto OEM roof racks
    youtu.be/MRr4owv9lrk
    New members have their first 4 or 5 posts reviewed by a mod. After that posts go live.;)

@GhostFingersXP great lookin V.

GhostFingersXP likes this.
  13. friyet

friyet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Pictured are my 4th and 5th Prii since 2009, and 6th Toyota (Had a 2008 Yaris S 5 speed at one time before getting the C)

Pictured below are my 2015 C Four (owned since 2019) next to my 2023 Limited that I picked up in April 2023.... I would like to replace the badge/logo on front of the 2023 with a carbon fiber logo....if anyone can help with part # or where I could find one OEM specs ?? thanks friyet
    upload_2023-7-31_19-46-31.png

#2933 friyet, Jul 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    Tara23, Roqu3, HacksawMark and 3 others like this.
  14. friyet

friyet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Just curious, is that a Premium model ? Do you have the solar roof ? Sweet looking car! Congrats!

15. raqball

raqball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    No not a premium. Just a regular Prime XSE..

16. friyet

friyet Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius
    Model:
    Limited
    Well it's a sharp ride! I would want that same model but with the Tech Package and Solar Roof - in that color. I'm sure happy with the Limited I have, but that Prime is a unicorn! Hopefully more will become available in 24, 25 (maybe with better battery technology too from what I'm hearing) I think Toyota hit a home run on the new Prius! Enjoy!!

raqball likes this.
  17. raqball

raqball Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2023 Prius Prime
    Model:
    XSE
    I wanted the 12" media screen and a sunroof (non solar) but had to settle for the 8" screen and no sunroof as I didn't want to wait a year for the car and they were not deal breakers for me. This was the primary color I wanted with Cutting Edge being my 2nd choice.

All in, very, very happy with the car and thrilled I was able to score one..

friyet likes this.
  18. Petrolhead w/ a Prius

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Hello! I’m new here. Long time Toyota owner but first time Prius owner. Not sure if this will get me a lot of hate, but I’m in it for the fuel mileage not the environmental aspect of owning a hybrid. I’m a huge gear head and anything with an engine is right up my alley. So I’m not your “typical” Prius owner - I’ve got big V8 trucks, motorcycles, 4 wheelers and dirt bikes. I fell in love with this Prius though - and I think I’ll own one as a daily driver forever. I do miss my Camry and my old MR2 sometimes though lol. Here’s a picture of my 2010 Prius II. Nothing fancy, but I’ll be modifying it more to fit my style over time in the near future. Thinking maybe doing a lift/wheels/tires and making a faux overlanding style rig. What do you all think? Happy to be here and answer technical/mechanical questions due to my background in the automotive industry. Cheers! :)
    IMG_1681.jpeg

Roqu3, Montgomery and Burna J like this.
  19. rjparker

rjparker Tu Humilde Sirviente

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Three
    Don't buy from the priusoverlanding website guy posting here.

What do you think about the gen3 head gasket, egr, brake booster and inverter issues?

IMG_2552.jpeg

20. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Welcome!
    Do NOT think by any stretch of the imagination you are one of the 1st petrol heads here. Not counting many of the others - but at one time I had a sort of street legal '70s era Pinto with a 289 small block - out of a Shelby Mustang. High-rise manifold, 780 double Pumper Holley carb - dual point ignition, custom headers, high lift/duration cam C6 over built high perfirmance tranny with shift kit, chopped down Olds rear end - blah blah blah. Oh yeah - then there was that ridiculous nitrous 750 Honda. Got the rest of the high-speed / High acceleration issue out of the system with the model S. All good fun, but now transportation is fun by not having to spend an arm & a leg on it.
    Enjoy the Prius for what it is!

#2940 hill, Aug 11, 2023
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2023
    Montgomery likes this.