1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbies - Let's See Some Pics!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Husker4theSpurs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Nice. Those wheels look sooo much better than the covers !

2. Skyhook

Skyhook Aussie Expat Abroad

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yeah you're not wrong, Snead_c. They're easy to keep clean, which I also like.

3. savrip

savrip Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    I
    I'm a new member here, well because I just bought a Prius. So far this community has been extremely helpful to me, by providing me a large amount of research material in the past couple of days. I really appreciate everyone's willingness to help and offer guidance.

Here's just a few pics to get started. I've already done the rear windshield wiper mod, so you could say I've been bitten. I'm looking into redoing all the interior lighting next. Seat covers ordered, and mats installed. Cargo mat is close to follow. My wife joined up too, look to hear from her. I'm very proud my nerdiness is rubbing off.

Attached Files:

4. Psych_Prof

Psych_Prof New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    This has been an *insane* week--my partner and I both just bought new 2010's! Mine is the red and his is the blue. We're thrilled with our new Priuses!! Also, this forum has been great so far; we really appreciate all of the information out there.

We're still trying to figure out whether or not to buy the extended warranty from our dealership. Much of the info we're reading on here is suggesting no, but can anyone vouch for the legitimacy of Warrantyshack? We're a little concerned about entering our personal info on a non-secure site, for one. Any guidance would be most appreciated!

Attached Files:

5. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    Welcome :welcome:

Check this page for links worth reading.

Online resource for the Toyota Prius offering discussion forums, research, and shopping. - Search Results for Warranty

6. Psych_Prof

Psych_Prof New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Thanks for the welcome, snead_c, and for the link. I'll definitely check it out.

7. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Don't feel bad about the GenII. Every single one of my friends, including my girlfriend, like the look of the GenII exterior better than the GenIII. This is mainly due to the pointy nature of the front end of the GenIII. Otherwise I agree with you. :)

8. DaleAnne

DaleAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    I've had my 2010 Prius for a week and a half. Just filled it up for the first time today and got 43 mpg! Cool.

My dog Baxter likes the car too, so we have a win/win!!

Great forum - thanks!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    :welcome:
    I bet you can do a lot better than 43 on subsequent tanks (depending on your commute, A/C usage and such), but it sounds like that's a lot better than what you had been getting. Glad Baxter digs it too.

10. DaleAnne

DaleAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II

Yeah, my last car was a 2007 Volvo XC70 - lotsa power but usually under 20 mpg so the Prius mileage is really nice for me. And, the fill up was a little over 8 gallons/$26 rather than 15 gallons/$50. This will definitely help the budget!

My commute's pretty short - only about 10 miles to and from work - and I'm in So Cal so the AC is on pretty much all the time.

I also have to get used to a lighter foot on the gas pedal.

Thanks for the welcome!!

11. snead_c

snead_c Jam Ma's Car

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Four
    :welcome:

Be sure to sign up at ToyotaOwners Online
    Toyota Owners Online | Official Toyota Owners Website
    A very easy beginners summary is :
    http://john1701a.com/

Enjoy !

12. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    10 miles isn't bad, that gives the engine time to warm up (a few minutes in cold weather) to its optimum values. Assuming this is normal urban/suburban roads, you might want to turn the AC off at the first stop light or two, that will let the engine turn off. After that it probably won't be working as hard and the engine will turn off even with the A/C running.

Accelerate normally (but not hard), but it's the braking that throws energy away, even with regenerative brakes. Try to slow down in advance by coasting or light braking, that's generally the best first step in improving mileage. And making sure your tires are at least fully inflated. Obviously there's a lot more tweaking a driver can do, but that's in other threads.

13. jdizon

jdizon New Member

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    IV
    nice toyota do they have a color green?

14. DaleAnne

DaleAnne New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks again - good info and now I need to go find the gas mileage threads!!

15. stefi

stefi New Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Sorry- no pics yet. Picked up a 2010 III with solar package last night!!. Very excited driving it home. It felt good to be doing this. I still have a Toyota Rav 4 (1996) with 180,000 and still going.

For the Prius- I paid (without tax, destination, etc), $26.349. I live in Maine.
    I also got the extended warrenty(I think the Platinum) only because you get the money back after year 7 years or 100,000 miles if you don't use it (less $50.00). Since we tend to keep our cars for at least 10 years, it seemed like a reasonable thing to do. I paid $1,500 for this.

I have read some positive and neg. things about the warrenty on this forum. I actually left the dealership without paying anything because I wasn't expecting to pick up the car yest. On monday I go in to pay my deposit and learn more about the car.
    Look forward to hearing what people are saying!!

16. RonSC

RonSC Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's mine, Blizzard Pearl w/dark grey interior, shot on Day 2 before it got dirty:

Attached Files:

17. Ninjawife

Ninjawife Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Greetings to you PriusChat members! Here is my new 2010 III. I really like the Solar package so far here in Florida. Hoping to save enough cash to get my windows tinted soon.
    [​IMG]

18. Kermit262

Kermit262 Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    I had absolutely NO plans to purchase a new car on a Thursday evening, and on Saturday morning I was signing papers for my new 2010 White Blizzard Pearl Prius III. (A dual combination of my Mazda6 being entirely unreliable and my wife's persuasive power.) I've loved the Prius since it was first introduced, and even though we shopped many different makes, in the end it was no contest - the Prius won hands down. I've had it for 12 days now and it has totally exceeded my expectations. And PRIUSchat rocks!

Bob

[​IMG]

19. Paul58

Paul58 Mileage Miser

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Here's my 2010 Prius III w/Nav in Blizzard Pearl w/Bisque interior:

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  20. Weathernut

Weathernut chase safe but get real close!

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    III
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.