1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbies - Let's See Some Pics!

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by Husker4theSpurs, Jan 27, 2008.

1. JRW

JRW Automotive Journalist

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    I think I tried pressing the Display button repeatedly but as I recall that wasn't it. I'll try again the next time I'm in my car. Eventually I'll sit down and read the owner's manuals.

There are actually websites for two Southern California Prius clubs that you might want to visit.

The first is the website of the San Diego Prius Club: priusclubsd.com. Once there you will find an email address to contact the club.

The second is the website of the Orange County Prius Club: ocprius.com. This is a great club too. They have links for the incentives (financial and carpool lane stickers) for purchasers of the new Prius Plug-in.

I still have not driven my new Prius since the day I bought it (Saturday) but I did finally make time to read the quick start owner's guide, which told me all I needed to know about plugging it in to charge it. It took just over three hours to fully charge using 120v AC.

In my previous Prius (a 2005 base model) I attached one of my portable electronic devices to a central air vent, using a clip-on mount. That worked great until someone smashed my window to break into my car. I had removed the device but they broke my mount and adaptor off of the vent, damaging it. They also stole my Garmin GPS which I had supposedly hidden in the center console when I went to a movie at the Edwards Mira Mesa theaters. The police later told me that what thieves there do is watch where drivers put stuff before they leave their cars and then, if they see them walking into the movie theaters, they know they have well over an hour to break into the car and zero in on what they want to steal. The police advised me to park far away when going to the movies, and then walk into a store first, to throw off potential thieves.

Since then I've been mounting my replacement Garmin GPS to the lower left corner of the windshield using a suction cup mount, since that is now legal in California.

I don't know how you would conveniently mount a tablet. That would be great for GPS, although you'd probably want that fairly high up for safety, so that you could better keep your eyes on the road. Let me know if you find something that works. I am an automotive journalist so I'm especially interested in that.

1 person likes this.
  2. surfdog5

surfdog5 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Newbie here!
    [​IMG]:rockon:
    I love my freakin car!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. firecracker_rc

firecracker_rc New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Wow, I reaaally like the grill on the 2012. And, of course the Blizzard Pearl is amazing. Congrats!

4. justana

justana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    My nubies...3 weeks old

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  5. firecracker_rc

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Thanks for the story and info about parking at theaters. I never thought of it, but will definitely use the tips the officer shared with you. Very unfortunate.

I think if I use the a/c fan mount, it will block my regular stereo. Anyway, I'm going to do more homework on it and will let you know if I find a good solution. I will be returning the cheapy I bought of Amazon bc it won't suction to the dash a I'd intended and I tried the window (not knowing it was illegal) but didn't like it at all, no master where I placed it.

I sent an email to the prius club tonight. I saw the site before but it looked dead. I'm not much of a commuter so I'll probably just try and connect with folks in SD for now.

Anyway, good luck on you OM homework. I'm jealous you have the option to not drive until you've studied it. Sounds like your baby will be pampered.
    :)

6. firecracker_rc

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Congrats, Justana!

I'm excited to see so many fellow new-to-Prius folks, especially those in SD. We should all meet up for coffee/tea sometime. Anyone interested just pm me! Or if the prius club is still going mb I'll see you there!

7. justana

justana Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    That's a great idea. Count me always...

8. firecracker_rc

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Ok, I'll see if I hear back from priusclubsd and if not I'll try and coordinate a small coffee shop get together. G'night!

9. cnevitt

cnevitt Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Ok, here is my first try and posting a thumbnail link to Herzog, my Prius. I have had it a little over 2.5 weeks now--and have a little over 2k miles. My Prius is, despite it being a beauty, replacing my 2007 Tacoma...which still runs well at 420,000 miles.

[ame="http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m595/cnevitt/?action=view&current=b65cf372.jpg"]b65cf372.jpg picture by cnevitt - Photobucket[/ame]

10. docPRIUS

docPRIUS New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    2012 Prius Package 2 purchased 2 weeks ago at a dealership here in San Diego. Current upgrades done to it:

TINTED ALL WINDOWS INCLUDING A STRIP ON THE WINDSHIELD
    EIBACH SPRINGS
    LOWER DOOR MOULDINGS
    SIDE DOOR MOULDINGS
    225/40/18 WHEELS/TIRES

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  11. jimmyjam

jimmyjam WE KNOW ITS A PRIUS BECAUSE OF THE WAY THAT IT IS.

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Here is my 2010 I just bought!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  12. Slickrick1969

Slickrick1969 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  13. Slickrick1969

Slickrick1969 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    K my phone won't let me up load a pic so I put it on my profile. Do u think it's totaled?

14. Slickrick1969

Slickrick1969 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
  15. Slickrick1969

Slickrick1969 New Member

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Two
    Sorry just got it to go lol I am new to this. My wife was traveling at about 60 mph and a pick up pull out in front of her. She was alright all but a small scratch on her nose. Very happy on how safe the Prius is.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. Mr Nibbler

Mr Nibbler Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2010 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I didn't tell my children I was buying a Prius. I'm a British Army officer and so far from a hippy as can be imagined. I messaged them the following picture with the text "Groovy man. Peace and love. Now to get my chakras in line". I'm just sorry my "eco-warrior" t-shirt didn't turn up on time.

17. aportades

aportades Team Thrust Racing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    Morning guys finally registered here and I got a new 2011 Prius Three, not III, about a month ago now.

Mods I've done

Limo tint all around
    Eiback Pro Kit
    HID 9K
    Tail Lights ( Spray painted by me )
    Volks III on 215-45-17
    Yakima roof / bike rack

Attached Files:

2 people like this.
  18. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    We're all different stripes here man. Just check out some of the threads in the Fred's House of Pancakes (or Politics) if you want to see some of the diverse opinions here. A lot of people just want to save money, not save the world. Fortunately those two paths have a lot of convergence.

Also, it's been said that ex-CIA chief James Woolsey had a bumper sticker on his Prius that read "Bin Laden Hates This Car". Less oil money going to unstable or unfriendly countries the better, IMO. But for the record, most folks would consider me a tree-hugger. I think of myself as a pragmatic environmentalist, not one of those so-called "whackos" :) YMMV.

19. aportades

aportades Team Thrust Racing

Vehicle:
    2011 Prius
    Model:
    Three
    How much for the lower door moldings and where did you get it?

20. pearl2012

pearl2012 New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    Two