1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newbies - Use "Search" - Oldies, Thank You!

Discussion in 'Gen 2 Prius Main Forum' started by GuamKelly, Aug 2, 2011.

1. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    Was reminded again recently of the value of this Forum, and how many questions can be quickly and easily resolved by using the "Search" function.

My 2008, "Hal", suddenly did not want to accept gas, twice in a row. Fearing an expensive repair, I searched "slow to fuel" and found several threads directly on point.

Now I just pull up to the pump, remove the gas cap, go inside to get a cup of coffee or something, and after venting for a minute he fills right up. Many thanks to all our friends here who know the answer to a question before I even know that I have a question!

2. firepa63

firepa63 Former Prius Owner

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Why not vent it before pulling up to the pump so that you don't block the pump while getting your coffee?

3. GuamKelly

GuamKelly Member

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    Model:
    III
    If there's a line I will -- hasn't been an issue since I usually fill up before dawn (8-P)

4. LIPriusFreak

LIPriusFreak Can I haz JDM?

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    your car needs that long to vent? what are the weather conditions in Guam these days?

5. nerfer

nerfer A young senior member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    Guys, you're getting off-topic. If you want to question the venting process, go to one of those threads. The point of this thread is that the search engine is useful.

6. acs326

acs326 Junior Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius c
    Model:
    Four
    This is exactly why even a good Search engine can be of questionable value on a board that is as large and busy as PriusChat. Going off topic is extremely common - and sometimes there is valuable information in the off-topic posts. But I can understand why some people just post the question instead -- it might be a lot faster than wading through all the off-topic stuff to get to something useful.

It might even be worth letting the 'Oldies' whine incessantly about posting a question without using the search function. :rolleyes:

7. hyo silver

hyo silver Awaaaaay

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Oh, you're just venting. :rolleyes: