1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newby here about Prius stock wheels

Discussion in 'Newbie Forum' started by harias, Apr 19, 2013.

1. harias

harias New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    I've read a few posts about the cheap looking wheel covers of the 2012 Prius base model. The stock wheels are not too bad, but I still don't see why Toyota decided to paint them black. Looking at other OEM Toyota wheels, I always liked the alloys in the Corolla and Matrix. Apparently no problem if I go with the same 15" size, but not so sure if the 16" would work. I found a nice 16" alloys from a Matrix at a salvage yard, but I'm not sure if they would fit my car. The Toyota dealerships I've contacted don't want to give me a firm answer. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Sfcyclist

Sfcyclist Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2013 Prius
    Model:
    Persona
    you're referring to 15" alloy wheels? they were silver.. believe changed over in 2011.

3. harias

harias New Member

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius
    Model:
    N/A
    Yes, the 15" for the 2012 (Canadian) model. They are black. I removed the cover and put the little centre cups. Not too bad, but I still need to get my winter tires, so I'm searching for deals in with other Toyota 'nicer' alloys.

Attached Files:

4. F8L

F8L Protecting Habitat & AG Lands

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    As long as the wheel has a 5x100 bolt pattern, +38 to +48 offset, 54.1 hub and is 15" to 18" in diameter then you shouldn't have any problems.

Just keep in mind the fuel economy loss associated with tires larger (upsize) than the OE 15" size.