1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Newly minted v (lowercase v for the Prius v) owner here

Discussion in 'Prius v Main Forum' started by DontTouchMyPrius, Dec 5, 2014.

1. DontTouchMyPrius

DontTouchMyPrius New Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    Just saying people of the Prii
    My first post and still playing catch up on the forums.

Picked up a 2014 v (lowercase v not an uppercase) five on the black Friday weekend. Still under 500 miles w/ new car smell.
    Just put the fitted weather tech mats down and gave it it's first car wash today.

Don't know what got into me. I had been looking for a late model lightly used hatch back or small cross over (my wife and I had been sharing and swapping and over-using a single 2007 Yaris econo-box), but somehow I just lost my frugal instincts and drove home w/ the Prius. Only now starting to come down from the "oh my god, what I have done" feeling. I got a good deal, but honestly, it's a bit more car than I probably need. Oh well, comforted by the fact that I keep my cars forever (last car purchased 8 years ago) and I know several family / friends.. who say they have had zero (yes, zero!) issues with their Prius and really do love them.

Now, just have to figure out what I can do to make me feel better about this purchase. I feel a road trip coming on...Time to go read some positive stories about this car... Actually hoping gas prices might go up so I can feel justified... (isn't that sick?)

#1 DontTouchMyPrius, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. mikefocke

mikefocke Prius v Three 2012, Avalon 2011

Vehicle:
    Other Hybrid
    Model:
    Limited
    There aren't many negative stories here. The car has been out long enough that problems would be known. It delivers utility, economy and reliability to me at just about 20k miles.

Welcome to the forum.

3. catgic

catgic Mastr & Commandr Hybrid Guru

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius v wagon
    Model:
    Five
    DontTouchMyPrius – Welcome to the Hybrid “Hive.” The Gods have smiled upon you. Toyota got it all right with the Prius v wagon --- You will find that your new Five Level v(vee) is a “Caddy In A Kimono.”

Up-Pressure your tires, learn to and start driving “Hybrid $mart,” and you will start logging fuel economies that are 125% of Official EPA MPG.

Fear Not! Gas prices will soon be back on their way skyward.