1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Next Gen Prius Pics

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by C.RICKEY HIROSE, Aug 22, 2008.

1. PriuStorm

PriuStorm Senior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Did you add this annoying ad to your post on purpose or did it just appear there? I can't read your post without having to physically cover up this horrible thing.

2. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    Could it just be possible that this time around the MFD is not as important for fuel economy? After 4 years of reading how people watch the MFD and glide their way to 60+ mpg, perhaps they've improved the software making these techniques irrelevant. I have no evidence of this, just a thought.

Also, I find it strange that the shifter in its shown position is being described as a safety hazard. Shifters have been placed in that spot for ages, and you also have no idea how much physical resistance (or required button-press) is necessary to move it.

3. asjoseph

asjoseph Samuel, '04 Ruthiemobile

Vehicle:
    2004 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    The interior! It's an awful shame. Sad. Kind of hurts, seeing it slowly losing its romance.

Soon enough, I suppose Toyota will have their Prius looking more and more like a Mustang. Hey, how about an upgrade to sophomoric GT350 stripes? Even better, how about an STi option, turbocharged with T-Tops, and the Tijuana baroque metalflake custom paint?

:(

Regards,
    ~ Sammy, '04 Prius

4. Flying White Dutchman

Flying White Dutchman Senior Member

Vehicle:
    Other Non-Hybrid
    Model:
    N/A
    dream on about the glide techniques being implemented

... maybe this will be the lexus prius dashboard?

5. tlaine

tlaine New Member

Vehicle:
    2009 Prius
    I'm really not liking the new style... can you imagine the sun glare off that screen? Looks like there would be no way to put a MFD hood on that one either :(

6. Tread Lightly

Tread Lightly New Member

Vehicle:
    2006 Prius
    Model:
    II
    Nope, don't like it a-tall. Center console will appeal to the younger crowd, and/or gently-aged men looking for the sports car they couldn't afford while younger.

I'll keep my current Prius, where I can rest my right foot on the center hump when using cruise control, and easily slip over to the passenger side to enter/exit in a overly cramped parking space, or take a snooze (NOT while driving!), or reach for something that fell off the passenger seat and rolled to the front of the floor.

I agree with the idea of Toyota making Prius it's own company name, and offerring different models.

That's my opinion, and I'm sticking to it!
    (uh, until I change my mind, that is...) :D

7. YoDaddyAlex

YoDaddyAlex Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Prius
    Model:
    Five
    I completely disagree. I think the opposite. I believe the look of the Prius is futuristic and ergonomically correct on top of that. A great design and a great use of space. It looks like nothing else, there isn't anything "primitive" about it. If you want boxy, look at the Scion.

8. JamesWyatt

JamesWyatt Señior Member

Vehicle:
    2007 Prius
    There may be a whole new way to drive the 2010 for high mileage that requires no input from the MFD.

Just let me dream, ok? ;)

9. usbseawolf2000

usbseawolf2000 HSD PhD

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Base
    This may be entry level hybrid under Scion brand to attract non-hybrid buyers.

I think.... We Prius owners are suppose to be looking at the Lexus version.

10. dedes08prius

dedes08prius Wifey's Prius

Vehicle:
    2008 Prius
    If that is really the photo of the restyled Prius I'm really glad to get the 2008 model. I like the display at eye level and I really like the unique shifter postion.