1. Attachments are working again! Check out this thread for more details and to report any other bugs.

Next plug-in Volt to roll in January...

Discussion in 'Prius, Hybrid, EV and Alt-Fuel News' started by -1-, Aug 8, 2014.

1. hill

hill High Fiber Member

Vehicle:
    2018 Chevy Volt
    Model:
    Premium
    Even at age 50+ ... if any one of my 4 passengers (or in case of the Volt - 3 passengers) can't make a drive for 2 hours, you still have to take a break. Even being one of those few persons who makes a long haul trip once a year or so .... I'd be very unlikely to base a car buying decision on its ability to drive for 6 hours non stop. That's one of the last factors many would put at the top of the list. Not de-valuing that objective .... but for most ... just sayin'

Zythryn likes this.
  2. kensiko

kensiko Member

Vehicle:
    2014 Tesla Model S
    Model:
    II
    The actual range of the Volt is probably enough for most people. I would be just fine. Remember if you full your tank and commute in EV most of the time you will have to carry the gas all along with you.

3. El Dobro

El Dobro A Member

Vehicle:
    Other Electric Vehicle
    Model:
    N/A
    Chevy recommends that if you drive the Volt mostly in EV, keep the tank at 1/3 full, so you're not hauling the extra weight around.

4. -1-

-1- Don

Vehicle:
    2012 Prius Plug-in
    Model:
    Plug-in Advanced
    :)I've been hauling around the same tank of gas since March 29th. Much less now than then. This has been discussed here before and it's only about 45 pounds for a full tank. Since the PIP doesn't have a spare, not a lot of additional weight to carry.